CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is Stoeger 2000 essentially identical to Benelli M1 or M2?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:55 pm 
Field Grade

Just bought a used Stoeger model 2000 in flawless condition. Nice gun. No owners manual, however, and when I searched the web, the only links I found took me to spam sites. :x Stoeger Industries site was no help either. Then I checked Benelli site (where they do have downloadable manuals) and you know something? Those M1s and M2s look awfully similar to the 2000. Do they use the same inertial drive system? If so, then couldn't I just use that manual to assist me in properly caring for my new toy? Thanks in advance......

Post subject: Re: Is Stoeger 2000 essentially identical to Benelli M1 or M
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:59 am 
Tournament Grade

Call (don't e-mail) Stoeger and ask them to send you an owner's manual.

Its probably safe to say there are more things "different" about the Stoeger and the Benelli guns than there are "same."

Using the Benelli owners manual for the Stoeger is probably a bad idea.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:47 pm 
Field Grade

See post below:
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=264471

buckmeister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:29 am 
Tournament Grade

rossvesq wrote:
Just bought a used Stoeger model 2000 in flawless condition. Nice gun. No owners manual, however, and when I searched the web, the only links I found took me to spam sites. :x Stoeger Industries site was no help either. Then I checked Benelli site (where they do have downloadable manuals) and you know something? Those M1s and M2s look awfully similar to the 2000. Do they use the same inertial drive system? If so, then couldn't I just use that manual to assist me in properly caring for my new toy? Thanks in advance......

Dimensions are slightly different, and some fastening methods differ. I believe this was done to prevent total interchangeability with the cheaper Turk parts and the, "Blessed BY Jesus and The Pope," Italian Beretta Holdings parts.

Here's my post on opening up the M2000. Action is straight Benelli M3, without the pump-cam.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=244200

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:20 pm 
Utility Grade

The bolt in the Stoeger is designed so much like the Benellis' that the copyright was originally violated by Stoeger! When Benelli reserched it more, they approved the use and bought Stoegers pattent and allowed them to use it and Benelli started using there design! Anyway, thats the story on the bolt! As for the rest Ive red that a couple other Turkish gunmakers contribute to both Stoeger and Benelli! AKA Huglu