CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my new favorite gun condor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:32 pm 
Utility Grade

took the condor for a test today nothing to say but good things put 100 rounds through it. Did notice that it looses up a little not so stiff after a 100 rounds. the only prob was forarm came loose on one shot not sure what that was about but will keep an eye on it. i shoot 1 oz steel reloads for skeet running 1500 fps recoil is heavy on this compaired to my auto but that is to be expected. all in all very pleased with this gun. their isnt much on finish but the fit is great for me even has palm swell to make the grip feal good. will keep posted if any probs A+ gun for the price

Post subject: Re: my new favorite gun condor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:46 pm 
Crown Grade

I've put 1200 rounds through my Condor since March. No problems whatsoever.

I agree with your comments regarding fit and feel. As soon as I picked it up it felt "right" and the forarm fit my big hand better than all the guns i had looked at. Shot a $2500 Beretta this weekend that didn't feel as good as my Condor.

Good luck and keep us posted!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:00 pm 
Field Grade

I picked up a used condor competition 12 ga for starting up sporting clays for a fraction of a beretta or CG. I have close to 1500 in #8 and #7.5, mostly 1200 fps. It shoots well and I have leaned a lot on it. But it feels heavey. Weighed at a little over 9 pounds. They say that's good for trap. Not so good for SC and skeet. I might sell it if I can get a offer on it and pick up somethng lighter around 7 to 8 pounds. If not then I'll keep it as a back up. But so far overall I'm happy with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

Quote:
Did notice that it looses up a little not so stiff after a 100 rounds. the only prob was forarm came loose on one shot not sure what that was about but will keep an eye on it.

Just wait until you have 1,000+ rounds through it :) I flip the lever on mine and it just falls open under its own weight. Locks up tight though. My wife has taken a liking to it and prefers to shoot it over my Franchi. I was thinking about having the stock cut down so it fits her a bit better.

As far as the forearm coming off, a buddy of mine has the same issue. I think we finally narrowed it down to not using enough force when clicking the forearm back on. I put mine on with authority and so have never had an issue. If you can get the crappy cosmoline-like goo they put on everything off it may help as well.