CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M2000 Recoil Pad Question
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:15 pm 
Field Grade

My wife just bought me an M2000 for my birthday. It was on sale for $449 with $30 more off due to a firearm sale. So for $419 I figured I'd take a chance on this gun. Ive been eyeing them for a long time and think I have all the steps memorized on how to avoid some of the common problems people have. I.E. strip it, clean it, light oil, work the bolt manually in front of the TV for a couple hours, fire a couple boxes of duck loads through it, clean it, light oil, work the bolt some more....enjoy.

I have an 70's era wingmaster that I have been using for duck hunting but wanted a synthetic autoloader to not worry about beating up when I hunt in the canoe and the swamps. I also have an STF3000 that I use for clays and wood duck hunting since I like walking into my wood duck hole with an O/U slung over my shoulder. Feels classic to me.

Anyway...on to my question. So I also learned that the limbsaver 10008 is a lifesaver (or shouldersaver) and decided to order one online while I wait the 3 days for the gun. I ordered it from Jets Guns since they had the lowest total price for the pad + shipping even with their $4.95 low order penalty fee. A couple websites listed the pad as being for a Browning Gold 12/20 only and a couple (Amazon) also listed it for the Stoeger m2000. The exact desciption on the website was "LIMB 10008 PAD BRN GOLD 12/20 SYN". Did I order the right one?

Thanks all - I'll report back in 2 weeks with the range report and around Thanksgiving with some field trials from the Florida waterfowl 1st split!

-Andy

Post subject: Re: M2000 Recoil Pad Question
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

Yes you ordered the right one #10008 fits your 2000 just right!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:26 pm 
Field Grade

Recoil pad fit like a glove.

Cleaned it per everyone recommendations - cycled the action for a couple hours while watching baseball and took it to the clay range. I ran 2 boxes of hunting loads through it. I got lucky and they had a boyscout event at the 5-stand station. They set up about 200 gallon jugs of water and they were teaching the kids about home-security shotgunning (what a cool bunch of parents/scoutmasters). Well they only shot about 20 of them and needed the jugs emptied. The clays course doesn't allow anything larger than 2.75" #7 shot low velocity shells. But they had no problems with me blasting jugs with my 3" 1,500 - 1,700 fps duck loads. It certainly made the break in period fun watching the gallon jugs explode although even with the limbsaver, my shoulder was numb from the Remmy hypersonic loads. After one box of the 3" and one box of 2.75" hunting loads, I took to the clay range.

The Remmy small game and target loads felt like I was shooting marshmellows out of the gun after the hypersonics. I also fired a box Xpert #7 steel and a box of Winchester target loads from wal-mart. Zero FTF's. Zero cycling problems. And I busted the clays like nobody's business with the mod choke in. I can't wait to bear down on some ducks come Thanksgiving week. The only thing that slightly irks me is that the gun was $449 with a $30 discount and people are reporting that they are on-sale for $399 at DSG. I may swing by with my receipt and see if I can't get another $20 back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:01 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Do it and keep us updated. Maybe DSG will do you right.