CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2000 Issues
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:31 pm 
Presentation Grade

Bought a 2000 new in January 04. Shot 75 shells nine months later and then the shotgun was not fired again until the past month. In the past month 400 shells have been fired. I cleaned and oiled the shotgun before using it again and have done the same after each use - three different times the past month. At first it would not cycle 1oz or 7/8oz shells. I have been reading this site and followed some of the advise ie. filing the burrs and rough spots and sharp points inside the breech. Yesterday the gun cycled 1oz loads but still wouldn't cycle 7/8oz. I know the owners manual states a 1oz minimum but wonder if some more judicious filing might make the gun cycle 7/8oz, since I have read that some Stoeger 2000s will cycle them or should I be satisfied with what I attained so far. On advise from this forum I've loctited the ejector assembly screw also read about the bolt handle issue. Yesterday the shotgun threw its bolt handle and I was lucky to find it. We superglued it back, waited five minutes and then shot 80 rounds with not problem. Is the superglue a good fix? I am afraid that blue loctite will make the bolt handle too difficult to remove. Thanks in advance for any advise. Please don't post and tell me to buy a better quality shotgun because it is not economically feasible at this time. When I can afford it I will be purchasing a Winchester, Browning or Benelli and giving the Stoeger to my 14 year old who wants is and ready to move up from his Bantam.

Post subject: Re: 2000 Issues
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

Super Glue. :shock: Doesn't hold up well to repeated shocks & isn't the solutionj to your problem. It will however, last for awhile. :D
Page 1, 4th post down shows pics of the handle retaining detent. You probably have some crud in the detent channel. You can use brake cleaner to hose the channel out, and a punch to move the detent (to make sure it moves freely).
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=244200

Replace the handle, and pull- it should take a bit of effort. if it is still not engaging, you can use a needle round-file to deepen the notch in the handle, and/or replace the detent spring. An AK47 disconnector spring, slightly trimmed is a perfect fit, BTW. :wink: