It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Stoeger FTS Condor - or is it?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:56 pm 
Utility Grade

We just purchased what was tagged as an Stoeger FTS Condor Field from Dick's last night. However, there are a few inconsistencies with it that has me scratching my head.

It has the polished receiver (silver looking). It does not have a barrel selector for the first shot. It has a single bead sight. It does not have inertia set trigger (second firing pin will operate just by pulling the trigger a second time, regardless of recoil). It has 3 inch chambers and 28" barrels.

First weird thing - the fore-stock release mechanism isn't the crescent shaped piece of metal that rolls under your finger as I've seen in videos and articles. Its a metal 'tang' that you press towards the receiver to release the catch.

Second weird thing - this gun should have an extractor. It appears to have ejectors. This link shows what my gun has. http://www.hatchergun.com/Shotgun%20Acc ... ectors.jpg

Third weird thing - it came with 3 extended chokes (1, 3 and 4 marks, F, M, IC). I expected 2 flush chokes (3 and 4, M, IC).

Does any know what these anomylies are about?

Also, what the heck does FTS mean?

Thanks!

-Rick