Shotgun Forum banner

Winchester ranger model 120

11K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  roy gault 
G
#1 ·
Im selling a Winchester ranger model 120 12 gauge. I was wounder if any body would know the vaule of one. It looks like it in good shape.

#4 ·
I am not real familer with the 120, i have a winchester 140 that i have used for clays, and it works fine. but i am new at shooting trap, you should ask about that in the trap/skeet fourm they will have a lot more knowlege then i do.

#5 ·
I'm not an "expert", but I believe the old Model 120 was the basic field grade version of the Winchester 1200 pump gun. I've seen some old Model 120's for sale locally for $150-$200. Of course, it could be worth more if its in good shape, or if the buyer really wants it.

I'm sure the serious trap/skeet guys will remind you that dedicated competition guns are the way to go for clay target games. However, for the beginner/casual shooter/or tight budget crowd, nearly any 12 gauge with at least a 26" barrel will suffice for occasional clay target use.

I currently have 2 "competition" guns, and one 870 Express for casual use. I have fun with them all. :D

G
#6 ·
I bought a used model 120 with the original box, and two barrels for $300.00. The extra barrel was a 24" slug barrel. It is in excellent condition. A 120 by itself would probably go for $150-$200.

#7 ·
This is the gun I now own. Bought it last week second hand, and it is in mint condition. I only plan to use it for casual trap shooting, mostly with a ground type launcher ( Outers Flightmaster ) Because of the full choke and short distances when using a home thrower, your shot has to be just about right on. Makes it a little more challenging, but so are the resuts!!! :D

I think a mint condition 120 will fetch $200.00, according to the gun value archive

Just to expand the discussion, I was considering a 2nd barrel for my gun.

Question: Will the 1300 barrel fit the Ranger?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.