Shotgun Forum banner

Browning GTI

11K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Anonymous 
G
#1 ·
im thinking about buying a browning over/under GTI but cant find any info about it on the web. the guy is asking $1200. its very clean 30" barrel and 5 chokes.
anyone own one or can give me some info about it?
thanks

#2 ·
I've got one just like you described. Mine has ported barrels and gold lettering...invector plus choke system. Mine is serialed a 91 build.

They are heavy but indestructible....I like mine a lot.....

Ike

#4 ·
gblue1 said:
this has the ported barrels also, its all black and says GTI on the side, you think its a good deal for $1200?
Sounds WAY too expensive - just did a search and came up with one currently available at $875, the condition is not as new, but there again nor is the price.

Here's the link:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976413895.htm

Mack

#5 ·
gblue,
$1200 seems a little high, but count on spending a grand for a nice, clean, lightly used O/U. Seems like I gave $900 for mine back in 98......it didn't have a scratch on it anywhere.

Don't put too much creedence on the gun values in "the book"......Belgian A5's go for several hundred more than the price listed. I have yet to even see a Remington 1100 in 90% condition go for $300....

IMHO the browning citori action is the toughest, longest lasting shotgun action out there but you pay for it in bulk and weight.

Ike

G
#6 ·
I have a GTi and love it. Bought it in 92 and shot a lot till 95. I am at it again and the gun never misses a beat. I think I paid $1,100 new and I think it is still worth around $900. $1,200 is to high. I don't think you should pay over $1,050. In the end if it fits you and the feel is right, price does not matter much. Pay extra for one you are comfortable with. If it is not right for you, it is not worth $500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.