CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: knowledge of Gaucha shotguns
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:09 pm 
Utility Grade

I have come into possession of a beautiful little .410 single shot shotgun. The nmae on it is "Gaucha-IGA" made in Brazil. It is quite an elagant gun with dark wood stock, nicely made. I have looked on the web and have found Gaucha as maker of large gauge military shotguns and such, but nothing concerning a smallbore like this. Anybody know anything about it?

Post subject: Re: knowledge of Gaucha shotguns
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:57 pm 
Utility Grade

If this shotgun has a hammer, no safety, a 28 inch full choke barrel and the the breach opens by sliding the trigger guard back, I had the exact same model when I was a kid!I have been searching for one in good shape to buy for about six years now to replace it. I loaned it to a friend and never got it back! From what research I have done it was imported by Stoeger in the 80s. I would not advise shooting slugs through it! It has a very tight full choke if slugs have not been shot through it too much! I had shot a couple slugs through mine trying to kill coyote when rabbit hunting and when I missed I took it home and shot at a large piece of card board and the slug went way off target! If you have shot it I am sure you have noticed they pattern very well! If you still have it and would be interested in selling it please contact me.