Shotgun Forum banner

BC Outdoors Customer Service

3K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  Anonymous 
G
#1 ·
First, to Verona owners, I really like my 12 O/U SC from Galyans.

Problem - I can't get my order filled from BC Outdoors, or get any email response from anyone, including Cress.

The ladies I have talked to (Since December 2003) have promised to have my "chokes in the mail". I ordered a Brileys SK (2 of them) and IC. After getting one SK and one IC, and two calls later to BC, I asked to add to my back order one more LM.

I have contacted the Customer Service 4 times, told the chokes would be in by the end of March, made one more call and was told they would be in the mail right away - two weeks later - NO BIRD!

Everyone I have talked to has been very nice and professional. I am a patient man - it took me 16 months to finally get Beretta to get my AL391 Sporting to not jam every second double, but as of yesterday evening, it now works great!

At this rate, Verona has 8 more months to go before matching Berettas customer service.

#2 ·
I have the same issue with BC. I have had a order in place from early March.. I ordered Briley chokes for my 692G20. Well they got my money and I got no chokes. BUT I do have a bunch of it is shipping tomorrow calls.. Why have a BC Outdoors web sight that your can't email into for data? for feedback? I would save my cash.

The funny thing is, I placed an order via the web direct with Briley for the same chokes and low and behold I got them in TWO, (2) days...

#3 ·
I am not sure what the problem is but I doubt it is anything with BCOutdoors. I know they were having problems getting their chokes. I ordered a gun case and it was here right on time no problems and the customer service from Cress and his secratary were outstanding.
Gene

G
#6 ·
The ladies at BC have always been courteous and professional - I wish I could hire them for my company.

It is possible that before Briley will manufacture more chokes they must have a large enough order to make before BC can get their order filled. Look at the price difference from BC vs Briley.

I wouldn't mind paying BC more, if it would help them get their orders from Briley. There is about a $10 difference.

I guess I will call them again Friday PM and see what is up. I think if Verona/BC wants to be a regular name in USA shooting, they must get their accessories issue resolved. It would be a shame for such a fine, cost effective shotgun brand to fade due to shortage of "aftermarket toys".

#7 ·
I ordered a bunch of chokes from BC on 2/16. Five of the eight came a few weeks ago, but three were still back-ordered. I called yesterday and was told by one of the incredibly nice ladies that the Briley order just came in and they should ship in a couple of days.

We'll see...

Anyway, I hold no grudge against BC, but the web site didn't indicate that two of the three chokes were on back order at the time I ordered them, and the info I have received in my calls since then has been accurate only about 25% of the time. I can only assume that the people I talk with are as much in the dark as I am, becasue they don't seem the type to intentionally mislead.

All that said, Customer Service can only be as good as the systems supporting it. I think BC is rapidly getting to the size that they need to spend a little time and money on that system as well as integrating it into their web site.

In this case "Gotta spend money to make money" applies.

Dave

#8 ·
Getting quality people to work in C/S dept's takes time...along with server and web site upgrades...just think of the increased amout of buisness that has happened in the last couple of months with the Verona line..and picture yourself in charge.

Anytime you are working out 2nd hand thru a supplyer for parts for an imported item has got to be a major headache...if the parts are going directly to BC that's one thing ...but if they have to go thru Italy...well that's another matter entirely.

Mac

#9 ·
Cress is aware of the problem and is working to resolve. This is what happens when small companies experience rapid growth. No excuse and I'm sure Cress is the first to admit it. BC needs to feed Verona a nice cash infusion and fast. The comment about the aftermarket toys is dead-on. You have to be able to keep up with the Jones (the b's, Franchi and skb), that means chokes, tubes and apparel items like vests, hats, glasses and such. This is essential to name recognition and customer brand re-enforcement. You have to keep the consumer hooked on your brand and if you don't they will go to the brands that will support their needs. For instance, I don't want to go to the club with my Verona o/u wearing Browning vest and wearing a Beretta hat. I have to be able to buy brand name chokes (TruLoks/Brileys) and recoil pads that fit my gun. Verona needs to support thier customers with items/supplies that help to created the market impression that Verona is a big time player and not a small time "B" wanna-bee.

#10 ·
If were only as easy as a snap of the fingers. It is nice to see that everyone is understanding the "growing pains" of the company.

However, this should not be reflected on the guns. The guns are imported thru BC Outdoors. As was stated earlier, to keep up with much higher and faster growth than expected, isnt going to happen over night. I understand that this should have been caught earlier, but on the flip side. I am also understanding that fact that it could have been a trend (which NOW it is obvious it isnt) that it is hard to expand immediatly, and then have things fall off.

My wife (we) own a business. It isnt a cake walk. There are many things that factor into growth and expansion that are very costly. This takes much preparation and planning to do it correctly. It is easy just to hire any Tom, Dick, or Harry off the streets to answer phones. Yet, when they do it, those people have no clue about the products being sold. Now you have expanded but not improved!! This is not the way to do things. This will just cause more problems in the long run. For a company that is doing business across the country, a few months is like a week or 2 for a smaller business. Please be patient. I know first hand that it is difficult, as I am far from a patient man, but I am also understanding. Which is all I am asking of you.

BTW, I have Briley Spectrum chokes - 2 SK1, 2 IC, 2 M, and 1 IM. The ext ones for 12g. I will give them to anyone who can not wait!!! You pay me $20 per choke plus the shipping charges and you can have them. If this is what you want, they are yours. Send me a PM and I will personnally take care of it. If you already have 1, please let some one else get at least 1 for themselves too. This was not meant to sound callus (I think it does), but as Mod for this forum and proud supporter of this product, I am willing to make the sacrifices necessary to keep all happy. :!: :wink:

#11 ·
Hose, I am not complaining about BC at all, its just a typical scenario. I too own a company that services the fortune 500. We have won national awards for our service, with offices in NJ and GA. My clients are throughout the USA. BC has done an outstanding job but they need to go to the next step; they need to support the efforts and successes of Cress. No it won't happen overnight but if the plans aren't in motion, you can loose your momentum. We always look at our company as not what we did so well, but how do we do it better.The guns are fantastic and the not just the best value, they are exceptional guns that stand on their own merit. I bought mine because I loved the way it fitted and felt and I will most likely buy another one and I would recommend Verona's to anyone. Personally, I think the customer service is fantastic and I don't have anything but praise for them.

G
#12 ·
I aggree, and as stated before we/BC has a c/s problem. I ask only one thing, email me at
clorenzo@pmcammo.com and tell me your name, order, and when if you did place a order via the web site.
I am in ggod shape on the 12ga Brileys, 28 ga brileys, Trulocks for the semi autos
I do not have 20ga Brileys in skeet, cyc, imp cyc.
I have recieved a shipment of "flush" interchokes in 12-20-28

Please let me know. It is not a solution to the problem, but I will help you guys out when and where I can.

Thank you all
Cress

G
#13 ·
Forgot to log on. Anyway, I think we are all agreeing, except that I am saying that BC needs to invest pretty quickly. Not all customers are going to be readers of this forum and be a sympathetic to the situation.

Actually, BC already has good CS people. It seems like the systems suck and that is by far the easier problem to fix.

So, here's a test. Yesterday, I got a message from BC in reply to my calls that the chokes "were in" and would be shipped "tomorrow". Well, with that one day head start, I went online with Briley and ordered the missing chokes directly. Whoever gets my COMPLETE order to me first I will keep and return the other. If BC does, infact, have the chokes, they should win easily.

None of this impacts my feelings abut Veronas. My friends and family that have purchased based on my testimonials speaks to that. But that doesn't give them a pass on basic business practices. They will get there. I am just trying to hurry that process along.

Dave

#15 ·
Ditto the above post.

However, respect won't come easily when:

1. If Cress is correct and he doesn't yet have the 20 Brileys, then his CS rep should not have called me to tell me they just got in. Hopefully Cress is mistaken (though I doubt it).

2. The web site still shows all 20 ga. chokes except IC as "In Stock"

It's all about credibility. I'm a big boy. I can handle the news that the product isn't available and won't be for some time. What I really don't think is good business practice is making promises that can't be kept.

Don't want to beat this horse any more. I hope Cress takes all these posts and lays them on the desk of whoever is responsible for systems and process at BC, because we ALL want them to succeed. I would love for our customers to care about my company's success as much!

Dave

G
#16 ·
I did not have to call BC's CS department, a reg called me Friday and said that the 12 g's are in and will be mailed.

The gun must be good, even I can win my first Lewis Class money at our Derby Classic shoot with my Verona. :lol:

Also, the better the reputation the better the potential retail.

By the way, did you see those Verona Auto's in the latest SC Mag - look just as good as my Al 391 Sporting!

Cress, thanks for your response, and my regards to your staff. I have my wife talked into coming to your facility to shoot and visit Vegas next year on vacation, as it looks great!

#17 ·
I have had a order with BC from March for Briley tubes for my 692G20 ..I have YET to recive them after being told (5) FIVE times they are in and shipping Express Mail.. I am tired of the runaround. I guess I wil have buy them fron Briey..

I still would not take a order / PO from a customer wiyh out warning them that they are OUT of stock OR do not take a order you cannot fill..

#18 ·
I am a remodeling contractor and I have found that the term "in stock" means something entirely different to suppliers than to us customers. To us "in stock" means that it is sitting in their back room ready for the guy or gal to get off the phone, walk back there and mail it to us. To suppliers "in stock" means that it is in someone's warehouse somewhere in the world and someone they have a business relationship with can get someone to get it out of the warehouse eventually and ship it to us, hopefully.
I don't have any proof, but I would suspect that bc outdoors doesn't have a warehouse and never has a single gun or accessory anywhere in a building that is owned by bc outdoors. Nothing against them, but I would guess that they are relying on their own suppliers to provide and ship. Again, I am just guessing, but thats the way things are done these days. If wrong, I apologize.
Wayne

G
#20 ·
Gentlemen, Again I agree with you, I have been on one side of the counter aslong as the other. As for the inventory, BC Outdoors has over three million dollars in inventory, in a wharehouse here at the facility, I do not understand why this is relevant, but no problem. As for the chokes, guys, as I stated before, I can not fix the major problems, although I am trying, but I can and will help where I can, drop me a note at clorenzo@pmcammo.com for info on your orders as stated elsewhere.
As for the Brileys not being available at BCO, of course go direct to Briley or Trulock, we all work hard for our money and expect at bare minimum Truth. If BCO seems fit not to address their situation then they deserve the outcome,or any company for that matter, in the mean time, again if you want my help let me know, if not then no problem keep posting. Thats whats great about SGW you can view and post with limited restrictions, if any.

#21 ·
Cress, I said that if I was wrong, I would apoligize and I am doing so now. It is relevant to me and a relief as a new Verona owner to know that your company believes in the product line enough to invest their own money into inventory. Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it.
Wayne.

#22 ·
Just had a series of email exchanges with Cress. He is all over this. Now we have to give them time to make the adjustments.

Specific to choke availability, I would think that when Trulock is onboard with their 20 ga chokes they won't be as much a slave to Briley to supply the only extended chokes for the O/U's.

Dave

#24 ·
Although we all agree we want and are willing to help Verona to take the next step, I just wanted you all to know how in the end, the people make the difference. I sent my 692 to BC last week, I sent it 3 day, Basil rec'd gun on Friday, promised to turn it around so I could shoot this weekend and had it out the door 3 day back (shipping is on my dime so don't expect BC to pay 3 day). I'll bet you a case of ammo and birds that the other companies out there can't match that kind of customer service and commitment! Once again, Kudos all around.

#25 ·
Finn you can say that again. Also I am willing to bet there are very few if ANY who have people like Cress and the rest @ BC. Just read the posts in here not taking credit away from the guys like KT, hose,etc sorry cannot name you all but if there is a question or problem with anything Cress is right there to answer it if the rest of us cannot. I mean come on if you email him his turn around time to get back to you is so fast. We emailed promatic about an auto trap we were having problems with and got no response maybe the email failed to get to them but I doubt that. Ok sorry this was so long winded but if it had not been for this site the guys here and the way Cress and BC Outdoors handle themselves I probably would have never owned IMHO the best shotgun for the money on the market!!!!
Gene

#26 ·
Cress is the man!

I got home late last night to find a package from Cress. He shipped me some fluch chokes to use until my Brileys get in. This should definitely make it easier on the skeet range, where I have been shooting with Light Modified and Modified! (ofcourse when I do randomly hit a clay with the tighter chokes it is disintegrated).

Thanks Cress!

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.