H&R Topper Model 58 26" Barrel 20 Ga.

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Clayslayer 
G
#1 ·
This might seem a little lame, but my
first shotgun is a H&R Topper 58 20ga.
I've had it for a 5 or 6 years, the ejector is
still crisp, I still have the first shells I bought
for the thing. I probably haven't put 30 shells though it. Its a single-shot, kinda over-shadowed by the big magazine pumps, but I love it. Its light, short, handy, easy and fun to shoot. Its servicable as a defence gun too, because mine shoots 3in Mag, though its only a 20, I wouldn't want 20 Ga. buck coming at me any time soon. :shock: My granpa bought it from a some guy (I dont know the persons name) but it was camoed with paint, I think spray paint. But it looks sweet. Sorry if I offended yall, but I just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. :wink: Thanks for this forum, and God Bless Yall :D

#2 ·
Good for ya--I like single-shots myself. If you like your piece and are happy with it, that's what matters, imho. Also, where self-defense is concerned, we could get in all kinds of debates about the best rig, but I like what I read once--the best self defense weapon is the one you have ready to hand and are willing to actually use. A single-shot 20-ga. beats the hell out of of a gun that you don't have! If you follow the laws (in my state the bad guy has got to be between you and the door) and you actually shoot the ******* and he goes down, it's a great self-defense situation!

More power to ya bro!

#3 ·
I have an H&R Topper Model 100 in 410. My dad bought it for me when I was about 2 months old to be my first gun. I love it. 27 years later I've still got it. I still shoot the piss out of it too. I love that gun.

I shoot trap and skeet with it. Can't do doubles but it shoots just fine.

#4 ·
I keep a 20 topper with a modifed barrell in the truck when Iam out around the farm. Throw in a box of bird shot plus a couple or 3" buck or slugs and ya got the makins for alsorts of huntin adventures, instead of just another dang work day. I keep the little twenty unloaded on hooks behind the door in the house bag of shells hangind off the hook, something all the family can easily load and shoot if varmints come to call. That little gun was bought for my daughters 1st gun used years back,shes grown up and has others now . The wife likes it because its simple and it dont kick like a mule.l dont think we will ever see a H&R single on the sportin clay circut but dont be suprised if some of them ol boys dont have one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.