Shotgun Forum banner

Winchester 1300. Broken sliding arm extension

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Wonka 
#1 ·
I have a Winchester 1300 with 6 1/4 " sliding arm extension and forend.
The arms are both broken and it seams to be very hard to get a replacement part.
Now I got my eyes on a 4 3/4 " sliding arm with forend but I do not know if it will fit my gun.
Anybody out there who knows if it will fit?
Or are the arms possible to reuse on my 6 1/4 " cylinder (work for a gunsmith)?

#2 ·
A Model 1300, as you've found, is about the saddest shotgun Winchester ever made. Don't spend a lot of money on it, and sell it as fast you can after you get it working.

I've never heard of one breaking both slide arms. But they tend to have internal problems. Even if you find the parts, the parts are just as junk as they were before they broke or wore out.

A Mossberg 500 is a cheapie shotgun, but a Mossy won't break very often, and if it does, there are good parts available.

I'd hazard a guess, just a guess, that your old gun had a long extension forend, and the replacement forend you are looking at is a short forend. It's the metal part that broke, so you can buy the entire forend assembly and just remove the short wood forend, and put your old wood forend on the new metal parts. Better, have somebody with the proper wrench do the work for you. The metal action slides on all same gauge Model 1300's should be the same, the only difference being the length of the wood forends, which should all fit.

Hope this makes sense, and welcome to shotgunworld

#3 ·
I have a Winchester 1300 with 6 1/4 " sliding arm extension and forend.
The arms are both broken and it seams to be very hard to get a replacement part.
Now I got my eyes on a 4 3/4 " sliding arm with forend but I do not know if it will fit my gun.
Anybody out there who knows if it will fit?
Or are the arms possible to reuse on my 6 1/4 " cylinder (work for a gunsmith)?
I will start by agreeing with SuperXOne!

Then go on to say the inch measurement is for the cut in the wood of the forearm, so if you are getting the forearm wood with it everything will fit fine.