Shotgun Forum banner

SHOTGUN BAYONET LUG

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
I FOUND THIS WEB SITE SELLING A BARREL BAND WITH A REAR BAYONET LUG FOR REMINGTON 870 & 11-87. THE PRICE SEEMS HIGH BUT CHECK IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.......

www.soopergenius.com

#6 ·
Remington and Mossberg were available with bayonet mounts.

Those prices are rich. A $100 for a$10 mount thats had a lug welded to it.

Choate used to sell the parts required for mounting bayonets and at a reasonable price.

RePete.

#7 ·
asylum keeper said:
I dont see much use for a bayonet on a shotgun
What?! It makes perfect sense to me. Shotgun = close combat weapon. Bayonet = built-in backup weapon also good for toe-to-toe fighting when your enemy is close enough to knock the barrel away. I imagine that's why US G.I.s in both World Wars often had bayonets mounted on their Winchester 1897 and Model 12 trench guns.

On a home defense shotgun, it seems entirely practical to have a bayonet mounted on it, as long as it doesn't increase the length too much.

#9 ·
I'm more concerned with the fact that a bayonet (which may or may not be useful) would interfere with using most forms of tactical light (which I think we can all agree is VERY useful)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.