Shotgun Forum banner

BT-99 and the figure 8 bead picture?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  cowpoke 
#1 ·
I have been looking to purchase a BT-99. I cannot form the 8 with the two beads as I sight
down the barrel. The fit feels right, the "sight picture" will not work. Maybe an inch of space
appears between the two beads. Should I forget about the 2 bead lineup and concentrate
on the end bead.

Am I correct in the fact that raising an adjustable comb would not solve this problem?

Larry

#2 ·
Raising an adjustable comb would make the distance between the beads greater.

Have you had a chance to shoot a bt-99 yet? It might be good to give it a try and see how you do before you get too concerned about bead appearance.

I shoot a 99 and can't get a figure 8 either.

I have some space between the beads too.

Mine shoots where I am looking so I don't care about the space between the beads.

your experience may not be the same as mine, as we are all a little different.

#3 ·
Larry,Cowpoke is correct.I have the same same problem with my BT-99.See the posts that were made on this subject by me and the guys.
My gap is greater than that, but don't even look at the beads anymore.I just know where my POI is and just point the barrel just under the bird, like it was floating on top of the barrel and pull the trigger.
The best advice I can give is try it if you can and get on the bird as fast as you can.
Norm
aka-salesrep

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I haven't purchased the gun yet. I do have one other question,
what is the difference between a 32" and 34" barrel? The one I am thinking of has a 34".
I am 6'2", so I should be able to handle the length.

Larry

#5 ·
Larry, I am 6'2" also and have the 34" barrel as well.Most of the shooters are now going to the longer barrel.I don't think you will have a problem with it.
I think you will enjoy the gun......on the comb adjustment, the only adjustment I made after playing around with it, going from all the way low to all the way high, back down to all the way low again, I moved the comb all the way to the right.I think this makes me keep my cheek on the stock better and don't pull away from it on the angle shots, especiall on the hard rights.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Norm
aka-salesrep

#6 ·
Larry, go back about a page and a half on last post of May 14th.on "figure 8 sight picture" and review all the post that were made on this subject.Hope it all helps you, like it did me.
Thanks,Norm
aka-salesrep

#8 ·
Sounds like a good idea to me....keep us posted on how you make out with it.If you need anymore help, just let us know.
Good shooting with the new gun.I am sure you will enjoy it.Norm
aka-salesrep

#9 ·
With that much space between the beads you will be shooting high with that BT-99. You can't go wrong with a BT-99. It will serve you well and if you don't like it, you should be able to sell it close to what you purchased it for.

I'm with the others, just shoot it. If you can, get to a pattern board first and get an idea where the pattern is relative to the aim point. This will give you an idea how you should hold relative to the target.

#10 ·
Here is an update on the new BT-99. Shot two rounds of 16 yard trap today, 24/25!
I can not be more delighted with this new gun. This is the best I have done since I've
renewed this sport last September. A 33 year absence is a long time.

Thanks to all for their help and advice. :D

Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.