Shotgun Forum banner

Blaser 34 Inch

3K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  pm30 
#1 ·
I had a chance to handle all of the big competition shotguns together this weekend and hands down the Blaser 34 inch barrel F3 was the BEST feeling gun of them all. It feels and handles beautifully. Had a chance to shoot a 32 inch that day but the 34 is the ticket!! Anyone have one? Would you buy it again?

#27 ·
Just to throw in I shoot a Beretta 391 with a 30 inch barell so I am used to looking down a sight plane that is around 34 inches and is a little light in the barrels. I do want to add some weight up front but dont want a boat anchor with 34 inch barrels. I think Blaser is a step ahead of everyone in this area. Not to mention being able to put a different gauge barrel on there and it weighing the same. Pretty amazing noone did this before! Or at least to this level of ease. Why learn to shoot a gun that you dont love the way it feels. You are going to have a learning period with any gun.
If you want a little more weight up front, look into a mag cap weight from Jim's Ear and Eye. I added a 8oz one on my 1100 - made all the difference in the world

http://www.jimsearneye.com/barrelweight.html

#29 ·
I have found handling a gun without shooting it tells you nothing as far as how well you will perform with it............how well the swing dynamics will effect your timing .........the weight of the gun and , how the balance will effect achieving the right sight picture with the least amount of effort etc.....you can I guess determine ergonomics ,grip , drop of comb etc. but actually shooting it is a whole different thing.............Also your going from a gas gun to an O/U..........there always is an adjustment phase with that. You may not like the recoil after repeated firings at first.............start with the light stuff and limit your rounds.

#30 ·
perazzi01 said:
I have found handling a gun without shooting it tells you nothing as far as how well you will perform with it............how well the swing dynamics will effect your timing .........the weight of the gun and , how the balance will effect achieving the right sight picture with the least amount of effort etc.....you can I guess determine ergonomics ,grip , drop of comb etc. but actually shooting it is a whole different thing.............Also your going from a gas gun to an O/U..........there always is an adjustment phase with that. You may not like the recoil after repeated firings at first.............start with the light stuff and limit your rounds.
Oh, oh...now you've crossed swords with sernv99, perazzi01. His full year of experience is hard to disagree with. Obviously with the "pizzaria" in your cyber-moniker, your opinion is tainted! :lol: Perhaps when we all have more experience, we'll be more discerning also! :lol:

#31 ·
45forme said:
perazzi01 said:
Oh, oh...now you've crossed swords with sernv99, perazzi01. His full year of experience is hard to disagree with. Obviously with the "pizzaria" in your cyber-moniker, your opinion is tainted! :lol: Perhaps when we all have more experience, we'll be more discerning also! :lol:
...or you can be like 45forme and pontificate to new shooters that in order to make an opinion on a gun, you need 20 years "experience" to decide if gun X is right for you :roll: what's next telling people to buy a new car and drive it for 20 years and make a decision whether this car was right for them or not? :roll: Yeah buddy, you offer some solid "experience" on here :lol:

#33 ·
45forme said:
Don't know who you are talking to "45forme" as far as years of experiance and I don't think my opinions are tainted in anyway as I have owned many low budget , middle , and high dollar shotguns and my monker is just that ,....a moniker. As far as the Blaser Is concerned I find them definately to my liking. I have yet to own one but have shot them many times. If i was in the market for a new O/U right now I would purchase one over a Perazzi as they are close in quality but for a lot less money. I'm in the opinion that Perazzi's are over priced a bit due to the name which is expected. Heh ! if I do buy one (which I came close to doing when they first came out) maybe i'll change my "MONIKER " to F301 or Blaser01 but then alas , you would consider me Blaser biased.

#34 ·
perazzi01 said:
45forme said:
Don't know who you are talking to "45forme" as far as years of experiance and I don't think my opinions are tainted in anyway as I have owned many low budget , middle , and high dollar shotguns and my monker is just that ,....a moniker. As far as the Blaser Is concerned I find them definately to my liking. I have yet to own one but have shot them many times. If i was in the market for a new O/U right now I would purchase one over a Perazzi as they are close in quality but for a lot less money. I'm in the opinion that Perazzi's are over priced a bit due to the name which is expected. Heh ! if I do buy one (which I came close to doing when they first came out) maybe i'll change my "MONIKER " to F301 or Blaser01 but then alas , you would consider me Blaser biased.
It was a joke for sernv99--not you, Perazzi01. Sorry you took it that way---look up his past entries and you'll get the picture and a good laugh.

#36 ·
sernv99 said:
aside from the ill-attempts at humor on here, on a serious note, is Blaser projected to do another price increase at the end of the year?
Very GOOD point !! ..............the time to buy a Blaser was probably awhile ago if not right now. They are going to want to increase their profit margin as I feel its not very high as they build there name and reputation as the "must" have gun to shoot.

They are on a very serious all out assult to dominate Sporting with all the sponserships out there. Like the Kemen when it first came out , don't expect the Euro / dollar exchange rate to be the only reason for price increase. They are going to call their chips in once the demand for them goes up. Buy now as they are a great gun and may stay the same....or possible increase in value if you take care of it.

#37 ·
perazzi01 said:
sernv99 said:
aside from the ill-attempts at humor on here, on a serious note, is Blaser projected to do another price increase at the end of the year?
Very GOOD point !! ..............the time to buy a Blaser was probably awhile ago if not right now. They are going to want to increase their profit margin as I feel its not very high as they build there name and reputation as the "must" have gun to shoot.

They are on a very serious all out assult to dominate Sporting with all the sponserships out there. Like the Kemen when it first came out , don't expect the Euro / dollar exchange rate to be the only reason for price increase. They are going to call their chips in once the demand for them goes up. Buy now as they are a great gun and may stay the same....or possible increase in value if you take care of it.
when I bought mine last October from a Blaser dealer, I was lucky to find a new 32" F3 at the old price of $5100...the news ones that the dealer had in stock after the price increase during the year were priced at $5900. Now I see the F3 sporting going for list of around $6700, with a "call me and I'll give you a good price" dealer pricing of about $6100.

#38 ·
I heard at a shoot this weekend that they are going to be adding a high rib sporter similar to the kriegoff pro sporter. The person I spoke with said that they called Blaser and they said that the stock would be a sporter stock but the barrel would be the high rib trap barrel.

#39 ·
sounds like their Trap guns since over at trapshooters.com, there was a thread started by a Blaser dealer stating they are coming out with an adjustable rib trap gun. I have not heard talk about doing the same concept, a la K80 Pro Sporter, to the Blaser sporting guns.

did you buy the 34" Blaser yet?.

#40 ·
Not yet want to finish up the registered season then purchase it during the winter. I can start with it in the winter and have a bit of experience with it when the new season rolls around. Wouldn't mind seeing what this raised rib sporter will look like if it exists. I did have a blaser trap gun in my hands and shot a few targets with the kriegoff raised rib sporter and really liked it better than any kriegoff I have shot before.

#41 ·
jweb: They can retro-fit it w/ a high rib. I have seen Bill McGuire's F3 and it has that high rib configuration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.