Shotgun Forum banner

Bump Buster or GraCoil recoil reduction system

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  WGB 
#1 ·
I want to have a recoil reduction system put on my Browning O/U.

It is between the GraCoil (spring system) by Gaoco Corp. & the Bump-Buster (hydraulic system) by Ken Rucker.

Both have 1" LOP adjustableity.

Do you have one of these on your gun & what can you tell me?

#2 ·
Thanks for asking, I'm in the same position with my Cynergy.

Could I also ask the responders to provide comments for Greg Hissems Hart LOP pad?

#4 ·
I sent emails 2 different times to speedbump stock works and neither time did they reply back to me. I just gave up and decided I didn't need the work done and it saved me some money.

#5 ·
I just yesterday, picked up the phone and called SpeedBump.
KEN himself answered the phone & spent about 1/2 hour talking with me.
He couldn't have been any nicer.

But I am holding off for now.
I just purchased a new Browning Citori & am getting it fitted next week. I'll work with it for a few months & then reevaluate things. I want to be sure I need it before I have that extra inch cut off.

I'm really not big on cutting it. Besides, these reduction systems don't enhance the look og the gun.
So one must be sure one needs it.

#8 ·
2barrel

You should consider the Shockmaster by G Square makes a huge difference, some will say that with a propoerly fit stock a recoil reduction device is not needed but can they shoot 2 cases 1 1/8 @ 1200fps in an afternoon practice session and not be bothered? I can.

Vavoom

#10 ·
I have the RAD 2 from Hissem and a couple with Gracoils. The Rad 2 with the adjustable LOP is a very nicely engineered piece and Hissem does great work. The gracoils I have are not the LOP adjustable but they also work well, my wife likes her Browning OU with the Gracoil. Rods Custom Stocks also does nice work.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.