Shotgun Forum banner

churchill shotgun info.

8K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  evbutler 
#1 ·
I recently came across a 12 gauge o/u 3" magnum with the name churchill chapin made in italy this gun has a nickel reciever and nice engraving. its barells are marked full/full it is in very nice condition except it has a very loose trigger gaurd. the gun is priced at $309.00 is this a good price on this gun? I dont know much about over unders.And cant find any info on this brand. the action locks up very tight and the wood is nearly perfect. the gun does not have choke tubes. if any one has any positive intel on this gun I would like to buy it asap

#2 ·
I cannot advise you about the value of the gun but do not compare this gun to any E.J. Churchhill. These guns were imported by the Ellett brothers until 1993. Most of these guns are in the $200 to $500 area with out much demand.

Evaluate the gun on your own keeping in mind that very little parts support is available if something breaks.

#3 ·
A5guy said:
I cannot advise you about the value of the gun but do not compare this gun to any E.J. Churchhill. These guns were imported by the Ellett brothers until 1993. Most of these guns are in the $200 to $500 area with out much demand.

Evaluate the gun on your own keeping in mind that very little parts support is available if something breaks.
1993?, I bought a Churchill in 2000-2001 and I think the box had Ellet bro's on it.
Mine was 20ga Windor sporting, This gun had better wood,fit/finish than any of the 3 Beretta 686's I own. It was a Franchi Veloce with a differnt name.The ONLY reason I sold it was ,it didn't fit at all, and had the worst scores of my life trying to shoot skeet and sporting clays. I bought it for 900$ sold it 20-25K rounds later for 400$.
I wont own another.

#4 ·
thank you guys for the info. I've never owned an over under so i am looking for a good deal on an entry level gun but i think i'll pass on the churchill. any one have any advice on a decent gun for $600.00 or less. Also has any one shot remingtons new 105cti, since I am a southpaw and also a total remington fan (mostly rifles, but I also have a nice 870) This 105cti looks like it might be a dream come true. As a side note I am a hunter first, and only shoot a small amount of informal trap maybe 1k rounds per year. so im looking for an over under that fits the bill of ducks first, then chuker and maybe some grouse and a few quail

#6 ·
#8 ·
I own one of those Windsors in 20 gauge. Had it maybe twenty years back when Kassnar imported them. They were made by Sabatti of Italy, I think. The only problem I have had is the screws in the forearm pulled out. I put longer screws in it and that solved the problem. It has 25 inch barrels. It is a nice looking gun. IIRC, I gave $325 for the gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.