CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mossberg New Haven 600AT
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:25 pm 
I have an old Mossberg New Haven 600AT that is about 25 years old. I have been looking for parts for this gun (trigger assembly - front corners are broke and safety switch - old one broke off) and am having trouble finding old stock items or cross referencing to a modern model. Can anyone direct me to a site for the correct parts or if someone has used parts for sale, that would also help.

When I do a search for the 600 model there is very little information thus the reason I am posting this as I figure this would be the best place to get the RIGHT info.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

Post subject: Re: Mossberg New Haven 600AT
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:55 pm 
Field Grade

I have a New Haven 600 AT. If you read some of the current posts, they indicate the parts are interchangeable with a Mossberg 500.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:25 pm 
Limited Edition

My brother has a 600, and his safety broke off as well. He just made his own safety switch out of wood. There are some steel replacements out there.

Shooters' Legacy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:34 pm 
Field Grade

I wrote to Mossberg for information on the New Haven about a year ago. Maverick Arms responded to my inquiry and explained that the New Haven 600 was identical to a Mossberg 500. The New Haven was supposed to be an upgrade to the 500 and was introduced in 1977. The telephone number to Maverick Arms is 1-800-633-35565. They are the official service center for Mossbergs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Lucky Skeeter wrote:
I have an old Mossberg New Haven 600AT that is about 25 years old. I have been looking for parts for this gun (trigger assembly - front corners are broke and safety switch - old one broke off) and am having trouble finding old stock items or cross referencing to a modern model. Can anyone direct me to a site for the correct parts or if someone has used parts for sale, that would also help.

I recently replaced a broken safety button on a Mossberg 600 with a plastic safety for a Mossberg 500. The button fit just fine.

This is where I got it;
http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?c ... KU=246690A

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:34 am 
Utility Grade

i have a NEW HAVEN 600 AT PUMP . I cannot get the slide to come out of the reciever when stripping it down . does any one else have this problem . i have been watching lots videos on youtube about stripping the gun down , although they are all stripping down the mossberg 500 which is supposidely and identical gun . .

all replies welcome as i cannot work out how to do it .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:22 pm 
Crown Grade

O.K., you need to trust me on this one! Your gun has a different system around the magazine tube, to help minimize the loose, rattling forearm that some people are bothered by (not me)! You need to unscrew the magazine tube from the receiver to get the forearm off. You will have to apply some heat where it screws into the receiver the first time, because some genius thought they needed some form of threadlocker on the threads. After heating you can use a pliers or Vise Grip (carefully) on the far forward end of the magazine tube, after wrapping leather or rubber or something else around it to protect it. When it comes apart you will see your anti-rattle system! From then on you will be able to unscrew it by hand. You have a great gun! {hs#