Shotgun Forum banner

summer shooting gloves?

4K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  JoenPB 
#1 ·
Anybody have a good pair of gloves for shooting in the warmer months they can reccomend?

I hate shooting without gloves and my beretta leather gloves are killing me!

#4 ·
I wear Cabretta leather golf gloves year round - depending on the guns, I can get between 4 months and 1 year - when Dick's has a sale, I buy several pairs; otherwise, many I shoot with favor a slightly thicker, but heavier duty work glove called "Plainsman", available at Sam's Club and wally world for about the same price......they do better when shooting SxS with splinters as they protect the hand from heat better

#8 ·
Big Fan of wearing gloves. The best deal out there is a pair of (black) batting gloves. Most golf gloves are sold individualy and are predominately white.they just don't hold up for more than a month or two. I've tried just about every type of glove....(shooting,equestrian,golf,and even gardening) so far for the money $20.00, they appear to hold up better than the rest.

#12 ·
Think of one of the most popular sports in the world with 99.9% using gloves? Golf by far and you can go cheap or best and you won't go broke. Personally I think the Foot-joy Sta-Soft is the best and will give you all the comfort and feel you want. They sell more in 1 day than the shooting group sells in a year.

#15 ·
Why wear gloves in warm weather?
Because I get a better grip with leather year-round, and in the summer here in FL when it is mid-90's, you don't lose your grip from sweat..............and the sweat oils/salts don't mess up the gun

#19 ·
wow Lot's of choices!

Thanks guys.

My Beretta gloves are great but you get a hot or worse hot and rainy day and you are going to have black hands when the gloves come off. :lol:

I'm not sure which ones to try first.

I like the summer weight gun gloves....they look like the same glove Kreigoff puts their name on.

I can't stand not to wear gloves. I worry my ring is going to scratch my gun. Plus I guess I just like the feel.

For those that question the gloves I guess the same could be said about a vest.

#20 ·
Try a pair of mountain bike or road bike gloves available at your local bike shop or REI. You can get a pair for spring/fall, summer and winter. I use full fingered types for work on the farm and shooting. For tougher jobs where my hands need protection I have other gloves.

Please try on which is why I didn't give an online store.

Va herder

#22 ·
Leather sounds unbreathable, and is something I wouldn't like in high humidity.

I used the standard gun glove when I went out to Maryland in December, it worked great. Perfect fit, not too heavy, and warm despite temperatures in the 20's. Based on my experience I'd recommend their breathable summer weight gloves. As much money as it takes to participate in this "game", I wouldn't skimp on my equipment if it were important to me (certainly if we're only talking an extra $10 - $20). Just make sure you print out the sizing chart to ensure you get the best fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.