Shotgun Forum banner

Remington 870 20 Ga. LH value

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Klayzshutr 
#1 ·
I have a left handed 20 Ga. 870 that I no longer use. It is in really nice shape. How do I place a value on it? I've only seen 2 more over the years. I see left handed 20 Ga. 1100's ocasionally but no 870's.
Thanks for any help.

Wayne

#2 ·
The only left hand 870 20ga guns that I have seen have been made on the standard 12ga sized receiver, as opposed to the smaller lw frame. I think this makes them significantly less desirable.

Do you know which frame size yours is? A quick test is that a quarter will fit through the barrel ring on a standard frame gun, but not on an LW.

#4 ·
That is what I figured.

The couple that I have seen for sale, remained for sale for a long, long time.

Guns like that can be tricky to put a value on. The real challenge, though, is finding a buyer. You would think that there has to be one or two guys in the country that have been looking for a Left Hand 20ga Wingmaster. If you can find them, they have likely been looking for a while, and will be willing to pay a premium over "regular" used Wingmaster prices. I'd say $600 is not impossible in that case.

But you can't count on finding that buyer, in which case, if you just wanted to sell it, the less than desirable configuration means that you would probably have to sell below "regular" Wingmaster prices. $200 - $250??

I know that is of no help. Sorry.

The short answer to your question - Gunbroker.

This post has been deleted