CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What is your favorite?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:51 pm 
Crown Grade

California halibut because it taste good and yellowtail because they fight good.
Rainbow trout ain't so bad either! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:48 pm 
Field Grade

To Me, nothing beats a day in my bassboat beatin up on a gang of guys in a tournament. Nothing like pitchin and flippin up close for big largemouth. Have lost a bunch and won a few but the competition keeps me coming back...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Silver salmon on a fly are awful hard to beat, but since I own an offshore boat down here on the Texas Coast I have learned to love big sow snapper, ling (cobia), king mackeral and wahoo, don't have the range for tuna or bills, but sometimes I can hitch a ride on a big boat, and that's a heck of a thrill, billfish lit up in the spreads. Or just sittin in my lawn chair on my dock catching speckled trout.

SuperXOne wrote:
Obama doesn't lead, and he never has lead, and that's not his political style to lead, and that's not what community organizers do.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:07 am 
Tournament Grade

I do enjoy cat fishing.
Rex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:08 pm 
Presentation Grade

for me, mmmm, maybe brook trout. Mostly on my homemade glx 7.5ft 3wt. with a wet fly I just tied from a grouse I just shot. now that is heaven.

Post subject: What is your favorite?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:14 am 
Presentation Grade

Tn Jim wrote:
GUN SLINGER wrote:
My fav is hooking big large mouth bass in the early morning on top water bait. The best rush you can have on the water is hearing the splash and feeling the tug on your line before the sun gets up.

You said it! :D

But there's even more of a rush when saltwater fishing at night trolling through the canals going from light to light looking for 30" trout and redfish occasional sheepshead. Using a pop r or however you spell it and seeing the monster fish observing the lure from 5 or so feet away then coming in sitting under it for a second then just exploding on the lure in a frenzy...now that is a rush. When we aren't doing that we are in my neighbors 48 foot deep sea boat pulling in tuna or dolphin or the occasional 400lb blue marlin is quite a rush as the neighbor calls them " the fu$&ing king of the sea" that is a rush you'll never forget

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:54 pm 
Diamond Grade

I love fly fishing for everthing from Tarpon to Trout. It's almost to hard to pick a favorite. Maybe Steelhead, Bonefish, Salmon (Atlantic, King, Coho, Land locked), Tarpon, Brookies, Smallmouth,Stripers.......naw....it's just to hard. I like it all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:56 am 
Field Grade

Favorite fishing is saltwater as you never know what you'll catch. Dad was Navy and he loved his fishing in RI and Maine. I still remember trolling off the War College in Newport RI for stripers. I worked in South Louisiana for over 20 years and we caught anything from redfish, speckled trout, bass, white perch, bream and flounder in the marsh. We also would go out to the bay area and catch shark, grouper, redsnapper, ling, huge bull reds, white trout, bluefish, triggerfish, and jack crevalle also. BUT since i dont saltwater fish anymore now i settle mainly on bass fishing but if i want some really good eating i go white perch fishing (crappie, sac-a-lait).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:01 am 
Field Grade

I like the giant red drum (Redfish) we have here in Charleston,SC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 pm 
Field Grade

Image[/URL]

My favorite fish to catch are redfish aka spot tail bass.

Beretta AL391 20 ga.
Remington 1100 20 ga-sold.

Lifetime NRA member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

No doubt about it, smallmouth bass for me. I have even learned how to cook them to make them as good or better eating than most any other kind of fish. The trick is, keep them very healthy, then wack them over the head with a small club and get the fillets off while they are still twitching. Bass get a bad wrap in the eating department because they get "fishy" tasting otherwise. My wife makes the best fish-tacos outside of California from bass I catch. I dont believe in catch-and-release and view that as sensless maiming of a prime recource. I only fish waters that have an abundance of bass, and I target those that are just barely keepers, as they are the tastiest. Ordinarily however, I will keep the first limit I catch, although I do release any bass over 18", as these are the prime breeders and they are not nearly as tastey above that size. I also make most of my own lures (bucktail jigs) and never use live bait (too inefficient).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:38 am 
Tournament Grade

smallies are a lot of fun