Shotgun Forum banner

Zanotti Armor 6 piece gun safe

6K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  ICALL2MUCH 
#1 ·
Does anyone out there have any experience with the safes sold by Zanotti Armor? The salient feature is that they are shipped as six separate pieces and assembled where the buyer needs the safe. It sounds like a good solution to moving a heavy safe into a difficult location.

#2 ·
Their fire rating is horrible; 1200 degrees for 20 minutes. You gotta be kidding! That's nowhere enough for me. A decent gun safe will have at least a 60-minute rating at that temperature; preferably more. A good one will have at least a 1,500 degree rating for 90 minutes.

#3 ·
that's right, when i think about a safe, i don't think about security or fire ratings. i think about bright lighting and killer black widow spiders. no matter what anybody says about the size of a safe, you could even have the biggest safe in the world, and still be killed by a big hairy tarantula because you didn't see it's big hairy *** climbing all up and down the length of your shotgun in it's big, dark fireproof safe. you can never have too much lighting in the ol' spider magnet. spiders love safes. have a nice day
btw, a mere 3/4" of fire rated drywall has a 120 minute fire rating. that's some pretty cheap fire insurance you can provide for yourself, on the outside of your safe. good luck with it

#5 ·
Anyone know the prices? I may have missed it on their website.
The idea of being able to assemble one in an otherwise inacessable area is interesting.

#6 ·
I believe they run from about $1200 for a 350lb ZA-1 on up to $2500+ for the bigger safe.

#7 ·
Own two. I am not concerned about a fire safe. I am concerned about security. I've been robbed and I have five grandsons. It would take some serious effort to break into one of these. They are not as heavy as the welded safes, but too heavy for any two men to move when assembled. One person can handle any piece except the door. In addition to being able to get them in the house without a moving company they can be disassembled and moved to a new house when necessary.

I probably should be concerned about fire, but I will keep the premiums paid and the inventory and values up to date so I can have the other advantages.

#8 ·
Hello! I'm new here. I visit a number of other boards - but am looking for some shotgun info.

I have a Snapsafe - www.snapsafe.com

It has incredible fire protection - 2300 degrees for an hour. Plus -it can break down and move anywhere I'd need it to. ALL shipped to MY DOOR for $899. I could not be happier with this safe. I suggest you check them out or give them a call! Great people to work with and a truly outstanding product!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.