CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Columbia SC
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:28 pm 
Utility Grade

obetournay wrote:
I live in Northeast Columbia, SC. in the Briarcliff sub-division. I am looking for a shooting range that is off of Bookman Rd. I can hear shots being fired and their are warning signs stating "Shooting Range Noise Area".I have driven around the compleat area and have not been able to find where the enterance is. If you know of this place, please let me know. If you know of another ranges in this area, I would also be interested in finding other locations close by.

Briarcliff..lived there from 88 - 90, on Castlewood Lane, when I was stationed at Ft Jax..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:53 pm 
Field Grade

I live in elgin as well. I also shoot at joe's

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor and way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

I live about 55 miles southeast of Cola in Orangeburg county. I shoot in my back yard on any occasion, as much as possible. Never shot at club before, but interested in giving it a go. Anyone here got info on any clubs near Orangeburg?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:53 pm 
Diamond Grade

SCShotgunHunter wrote:
I live about 55 miles southeast of Cola in Orangeburg county. I shoot in my back yard on any occasion, as much as possible. Never shot at club before, but interested in giving it a go. Anyone here got info on any clubs near Orangeburg?

Mid Carolina Gun Club is just North of Orangeburg. It's $500 to join ($400 initiation and $100 first years dues). Trap skeet and 5 stand is $3/25 for members and $5/25 for their guests - immediate family who live in your home shoot at member rates.

I like the club because, after the initial cost of joining, it's inexpensive to shoot and we also have rifle and pistol ranges.

You can come to the membership meeting and supper on the second Tuesday of each month to introduce yourself and arrange for a member to sponsor you.

http://www.mc-gc.org/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

I'm in Lexington.

I shoot at Hermitage Farms in Camden, Rocky Creek in Richburg, Live Oaks in Swansea, and Mid Carolina in Orangeburg... all fairly regularly.

I have shot less than a handful of times at Clinton House in Clinton. I shot the High Cotton Classic in Chester for the 1st time last year (2011).

Basically, if you are in the Columbia area, there are several great places to shoot sporting clays, within 1~2 hours drive.

Brian

Beretta 687 Golden Pigeon II - 28ga/.410
Ceasar Guerini Magnus Sporting - 12ga
Remington 1100 Sporting - 28ga
Winchester Model 97 Black Diamond Trap Gun