Shotgun Forum banner

NEF/ REM 870 Breacher muzzle break problem/questions

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  natman 
#1 ·
I have the NEF Pardner Pump 12Ga, I just bought a Remington 12ga breacher muzzle break. I screwed the old choke out, and screwed this thing in....It doesn't screw in all the way? Is this okay or is it unsafe? Its tight as ****, it matched up perfectly in size since it was made to fit the Remington 870, but its just longer than the old choke.....Please advice!

By mhagarman at 2011-06-03

By mhagarman at 2011-06-03

Here is the link to the muzzle break:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT

Read more: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40059&start=3880#ixzz1OGqXyNJk

See less See more
#5 ·
I've searched for them on the carlsons shotgun page, it seems as though they sell one for the mossberg 500 which is saying the chokes will fit the NEF pardner pump. Im worried about the length of the actual product. It looks from the picture to be the same size as this remington one which would again leave 1/4- 1/2" outside the actual barrel leaving some of the tube exposed. This remington screwed in beautifully, its just too long? The threads stop.

#6 ·
That's because it was made for a Remington. You don't have a Remington. If you get the tube made for your gun it will fit your gun. I saw some folks put a 16" motorcycle tire on a 17" wheel once. It went on. Doesn't mean it was a good idea.

#10 ·
mhagarman said:
I've searched for them on the carlsons shotgun page, it seems as though they sell one for the mossberg 500 which is saying the chokes will fit the NEF pardner pump. Im worried about the length of the actual product. It looks from the picture to be the same size as this remington one which would again leave 1/4- 1/2" outside the actual barrel leaving some of the tube exposed. This remington screwed in beautifully, its just too long? The threads stop.
Chokes for the 500 will fit your gun (from the link above). However, one thing to keep in mind when buying chokes online is that they will often just use one picture of a choke for the entire line. Say, a picture of the Remington version of the XYZ choke is used for all versions of the XYZ choke.

I would suggest you NOT fire it with that choke in it. You can damage the choke, or the barrel, or yourself. Get one that fits, it's cheaper in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.