Shotgun Forum banner

Eibar Spain

25K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  RPRNY 
#1 ·
What is the quality of these guns?

#3 ·
When, what, who???????

Your question is unanswerable as framed.

It is like asking the quality of cars made in the USA over the last 70 years.

There were around 60 makers whose guns made there way to the USA over those 70 years.

If you are taking about today abd tge models being made right now, Grulla, Garbi, AyA, Arrizabalaga, Arrieta, Ugartechea, Parkemy, Kemen, and Lanber are the operating makers in Spain and only Lanber could be said to be currently making some just "fair" guns with Arrizabalaga making some of the finest in the world.

#5 ·
Barrels say EIG-EBAR SPAIN and choke 15.2 / 15.8.

This is the info the guy e-mailed me. It has 22"bbls, an engraving of a hunting dog on it, and 13 1/2" lop.

This is all I know, believe me if I knew more about it, I wouldn't have asked such an open question. :roll:

#6 ·
Ok....

Photos are really the best way to get specific info. The more info you can supply, the more info you will get back.

When it comes to Spanish guns, value (and quality) of the gun is determined by the price point to which the gun was made and the current condition of the gun. To estimate price point, we will need maker's information, proof year, whether it is a box lock or a side lock, single barrel, double barrel, rifle or shotgun, amount of engraving and engraving pattern. For Spanish shotguns, whatever is stamped on the top of the barrel is marketing. Manufacturing data is on the barrel flats and water table.

That said, with barrels of 22 inches and a 13.5 inch LOP it's likely the gun has been cut down. There are probably fifty different engraving patterns with a dog in them.

#11 ·
uplanddan said:
Barrels say EIG-EBAR SPAIN and choke 15.2 / 15.8.

This is the info the guy e-mailed me. It has 22"bbls, an engraving of a hunting dog on it, and 13 1/2" lop.

This is all I know, believe me if I knew more about it, I wouldn't have asked such an open question. :roll:
Now that we know you are asking about a specific gun, it is a lot easier to answer your question. It sounded like you were asking a general question about guns made in Eibar, Spain.

The one you referenced is nothing special, especially as modified.

#12 ·
I usually suspect doubles with barrels shorter than 26" as having had the barrels cut by a previous owner. This, however, is not always the case. A few importers had Spanish, Italian and other gunmakers produce SxS doubles with short 22" or 24" barrels. The Brush King (BLNE) and Ambassador (SLNE) SxS's produced by Armas Marixa and imported by Ed Paul Sporting Goods of Brooklyn, NY during the 1960's and 70's were available with 22" barrels.

Richland Arms of Blissfield, MI offered their 20 gauge Model 200 SxS with 22" barrels (larger gauges had barrels of 26" or longer). Garcia marketed the Brazilian Rossi Overland in 12 and 20 gauge with 20" barrels being the only length offered. Galef also catalogued a 12 gauge Basque SxS with 22" barrels. Mandell Shooting Supplies of Scottsdate, AZ imported a Crucelegui Hermanos Model 150 which could be had with barrel lengths ranging from 20" to 32".

There may have been others.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

#17 ·
You're not giving us much to work with. Eibar is the town in Spain where your gun was made. Dozens, if not hundreds, of shotgun makers have been based in Eibar over the last hundred years, and just about all put out an array of different models.

We can probably help with the name of the makers and the year it was proofed if you can supply photos of the barrel flats and water table that clearly show the markings, like so:

To estimate value we need to know if he gun is a side lock or a box lock, as well as the extent and quality of the engraving. You guessed it, we need more pictures. This time of the left and right sides of the action as the top and bottom of same, thusly:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.