Shotgun Forum banner

Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight

13K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Colonel26 
#1 ·
I just inherited an Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight 12 gauge and I was wondering the value of it. The serial number is 357242.

#6 ·
The value as mentioned, depends on the condition of the gun and the grade. Look on GUnBroker and not just on the listed prices, check out the recently sold models that look like yours.

Of course I wouldn't sell my M37 for any price unless it was a "crazy high" price. And if yours was inherited, hopefully there will be some type of good sentimental memories of the person who willed it to you, every time you use it.

My advice if it's in good shape at all- have it reblued, and clean up or refinish the stock and use it for 50 years and will it to someone else.

Here's my favorite M37 20 gauge. And it's not for sale!

#7 ·
I hate these kinds of questions. The old Ithaca model 37 is a wonderful old shotgun. They still make them today. It's worth something, but really I suggest that you keep the gun. Everyone needs a shotgun, and if yours is an heirloom, I'd keep it. But that is just me; but I love old guns. I also happen to be a big fan of the Model 37.

#8 ·
A lot depends on where you are from too. I am in the upper south (KY) and around here most of the shotgun hunting is either turkey or upland. A 12 ga model 37 isn't worth a whole lot unless you just rum up on an Ithaca nut (and I is one). But a 20 on the other had, now you are talking about some money. Regardless, if it is an heirloom, I'd keep it. Here you might get $200 to $250 if you find the right buyer and it is in great shape. But aren't your memories worth more?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.