CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone ever see a Tristar G2 Sporting?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:09 pm 
Limited Edition

It looks like it has a similar bolt to the 390, but much prefered dual action bars. I really like the raised rib and adjustible stock. Anyone have any experiance with these? Are they even being imported?

.45ACP is......(mind wandering)

Post subject: Re: Anyone ever see a Tristar G2 Sporting?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

Have not seen the sporting model but did buy my eleven year old grandson a new G2 Youth Model 20ga. It seems solid and has not given one bit of trouble sense I broke it in with some 3" shells. I am so impressed with it that I am thinking of buying a Tri Star for me in 12ga.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 pm 
Utility Grade

I don't have the Sporting but I do have the G2 Viper Silver which looks to be the same action wise. I have been very pleased with it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:54 am 
Field Grade

I have a G2 Viper Tactical, has been a great gun so far. Initial break in and all is well.

From what Tristar told me awhile back, all the Vipers will interchange stocks, forends, barrels and trigger groups.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:46 pm 
Diamond Grade

Glack W wrote:
I have a G2 Viper Tactical, has been a great gun so far. Initial break in and all is well.

From what Tristar told me awhile back, all the Vipers will interchange stocks, forends, barrels and trigger groups.

Not across gauges though I think. I emailed them to see if they had a youth camo stock for the 12 ga and hey said no. Since they do have it for the 20 that must mean they won't interchange.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 pm 
Field Grade

I bought a G-2 sporting with the adjustable comb last year around July I believe. I bought it as my first trap gun as I was shooting in a league. I think I paid around $625 for it out the door. It came with a set of extended chokes and was factory ported. Pretty decent gun overall, I did have some trouble with it cycling light loads when I shot doubles. For the money all-in-all I think it was a pretty tough value to beat. I have since moved on to better guns but I put probly 5000 shells through it and got $425 back out of it. I have shot a tt-09 mono trap also and it too seems like a pretty decent gun.