Shotgun Forum banner

Pictures from the first half of the 2011-12 season

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  hawglips 
#1 ·
Sorry, pictures deleted. They exceeded my photobucket bandwidth limit.

#8 ·
Dove Hunter, those pictures were taken in Florida. That gun I was calling inexpensive set me back $325 plus shipping. It feels good and fits me well enough and in a pinch it wouldn't bother me too much if I had to use it as a boat paddle.

I took my setter out last Sunday. He recently turned ten months old. He has been finding dead birds in the yard since my season opened November 1 but that was the first time he's been out to the lake hunting. I chose a place that is more open and with firmer ground than where I hunt most days. It is also a place on the main lake where I am less likely to run into a cottonmouth or gator.

JDnCO, I use a Canon SX110IS. It is the second Canon PowerShot I've owned plus a third one I got my wife. I don't know that any make is better or worse than any other but I know where the buttons are on the Canons and that is why I continued buying them after the first one. I chose that model because it has 10X zoom. I think you give up a little in picture quality with the higher zoom cameras like that one but at least you can tell what is in the long distance pictures. With a 3X or 4X zoom camera I'd have to explain that the little brown dots in the distance were deer. With that 10X camera that's no longer necessary.

#10 ·
Thanks for the info, your pics are some of the best quality I have seen on the net in sharpness and detail. I am needing to step up a bit hence the question.

Not sure if this is your first setter, but they are a great dog breed, Molly was my best bud for 12 years. Got to know many people due to her great disposition and beauty.

Great pics of sweet times.

#12 ·
Dove Hunter said:
$325.00, if you don't mind how long ago and what make? Looks wise from here you got your money's worth. Based on the snipe pictures it looks like it shoots pretty good too.
I got it in December four years ago. It was listed on Gunbroker and I was the only bidder. The maker is Jose Uriguen. It is typical 70's quality but thankfully it doesn't have the beavertail forend or white line spacers that many other 70's era Spanish guns have. It is choked IC/Full and has 26" barrels. I wouldn't mind them being two inches longer but I'm not complaining. The weight is 6 lbs, 2 oz. I'm not really sure where it shoots because I've never patterned it. It's quite possible that neither it nor I shoot straight yet somehow we manage to compensate for each other. But in all seriousness, it is a fun little gun and I don't have to baby it. I'm hunting Wednesday and we have a 50% chance of rain. That is the gun I'll take.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.