Shotgun Forum banner

Blaser f3 supersport

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Sauer.270 
#1 ·
How is the supersport working for skeet shooting. Looked at one today nice fitting gun.
How are they holding up like to have one with sub gauge Tubes. Want some info thanks. :D

#3 ·
Don't see a lot on the skeet range anymore.
There were a lot issues with tubes and stuff.
All the guys I know that use to shoot F3s for skeet got rid of theirs.
Including the guy that shot a 30k one and he helped design the thing.
I ran a few boxes of 28s through a friends and love it every different than my Kolar but swung nice.
This guy is keeping his but constantly complains about the Tube set and has sent them off to Briley like a half a dozen times.

Now for sporting that's a whole different ball of wax.

#7 ·
Buckshot Bob said:
Irishdevil said:
Buckshot do you know what the issues they were having with the tube sets?

The guns would not open after the shot and the tubes slipping in and out.
Buck Shot (my Kolar buddy) I just finished posting a bloody reply and during exact timing with yours lost mine, so I aint gona repeat the dribble,

In short I have a Blaser with Briley tubes, not a single issue in a year and a half, the opening problems you refer to are encountered on F3's when shot even as dedicated 12G, the cause is the possibility of a slight burring on the two protruding pins on the receiver face, these pins are only clearly visible when the barrels are off and the leaver closed and hammers down,,, if you feel a slight burr with your fingers it will catch at times and be a bit hard to break specially when fired and set by pressure, simple fix according to the Blaser man, get some 800 emmery paper and work off the burrs after removing the face cover on the breach face ( 2 small start cap screws) very common problem on MK1 and 2 models.
More to the point though about this thread,,,I do not consider the F3 in any configuration as the ideal Skeet gun, just my opinion only, and as I said I have one and love it, just not for Skeet.

#8 ·
Sauer.270 said:
Buckshot Bob said:
Irishdevil said:
Buckshot do you know what the issues they were having with the tube sets?

The guns would not open after the shot and the tubes slipping in and out.
Buck Shot (my Kolar buddy) I just finished posting a bloody reply and during exact timing with yours lost mine, so I aint gona repeat the dribble,

In short I have a Blaser with Briley tubes, not a single issue in a year and a half, the opening problems you refer to are encountered on F3's when shot even as dedicated 12G, the cause is the possibility of a slight burring on the two protruding pins on the receiver face, these pins are only clearly visible when the barrels are off and the leaver closed and hammers down,,, if you feel a slight burr with your fingers it will catch at times and be a bit hard to break specially when fired and set by pressure, simple fix according to the Blaser man, get some 800 emmery paper and work off the burrs after removing the face cover on the breach face ( 2 small start cap screws) very common problem on MK1 and 2 models.
More to the point though about this thread,,,I do not consider the F3 in any configuration as the ideal Skeet gun, just my opinion only, and as I said I have one and love it, just not for Skeet.
Good on you mate!
I was reporting on what I've seen and heard on the field nothing else.
I never cast any disparaging remarks of any kind.
If anything I said I like the gun in my original post.
I'd have one in a heartbeat if could afford it but it would not be my skeet gun.

#11 ·
Buckshot, I didn't say you said anything, I didn't pick up on any disparaging comment cause you didn't make any, I know you implied you like the gun,,,I was passing on info as to how mine behaved along with others I know of,, I like my Blaser, all I said was not on Skeet..

I missed the point where I upset you, wherever it was sorry mate I never set out with that in mind.

#13 ·
I have an early F3 that I bought from Robert Paxton that was set up for American Skeet with a Briley tubeset. I have been shooting it for many years and love it. It had some issues with the original firing pins which they have since changed. I sent the gun in to Blaser USA and they replaced the pins, springs etc. free of charge. Otherwise it has been trouble free and a real pleasure to shoot. It is an extremely tight fitting and well built gun with an exceptional trigger.

Cheers! :)

#14 ·
Sauer.270 said:
Buckshot, I didn't say you said anything, I didn't pick up on any disparaging comment cause you didn't make any, I know you implied you like the gun,,,I was passing on info as to how mine behaved along with others I know of,, I like my Blaser, all I said was not on Skeet..

I missed the point where I upset you, wherever it was sorry mate I never set out with that in mind.
Tone and intent gets lost in print. Sorry! {hs# :D :D :D

Edited to correct spelling.

#17 ·
I had a chance to try a 32" F3 SuperSport that was setup for skeet. I enjoyed the high rib and thought that the 32" barrels balanced nicely. Everyone in my group enjoyed shooting our buddy's new gun. A few others were seriously thinking of ordering one. I am not in the market for a new gun, but I would consider this one if I was.

Pat

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#18 ·
I had a chance to shoot a 30" unit but with a Beaver Tail forend, for some reason they still come in with a Schnable type, anyway well balance unit very similar to the Krieghoff Pro-Skeet, the begining of the Ramp seem a bit more radical or a greater angle than the K80 but a very nice unit, it was a good weight and balanced very well, absolutely smashed targets, to be honest I am so impressed that I have been toying with the idea of buying one, they seem extremely good value for money and the Split K type barrels are a real bonus, recoil was soft she moved really well, if anything may need a bit of weight to keep her under control, but that's easy with the Blaser balancing sytem offered in the stock and for the barrels, very impressed indeed, it is the first one in the country so be interested to see how other shooters respond, but it won my vote, much different to the std Blaser range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.