CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to adjust forearm release shaft--question now answered.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:00 pm 
Field Grade

Answer is in below posts, but be warned, it's hard to explain without sounding dirty. :mrgreen:

I have a 20 ga. Summit Sporting that started getting harder to take down at the end of last season. Got her out for the first time this year today, and almost c/n break it down after shooting b/c I c/n take off the forearm w/o great effort, b/c the end nub of the plunger/release which protrudes from the end of the schnabel had somehow worked it's way down and is only now about flush with the wood. I tried to take the metal assy off and out of the wood (couldn't be that hard, now could it?) after determining (I think) that none of the accessible screws adjust the plunger, but never could get the thing loose.

There are two small torx screws that fit flush w/the receiver, and I took those out, along w/the flathead screw and the 1.5m hex screw in the middle of the assy, but that alone was insufficient, and obviously I wasn't gonna do anything to hurt it.

Is there some "trick" here I'm missing that does it? Some other way to adjust the plunger/release? If not I'll just be sending it in for its first pit stop a little earlier than planned and have CG handle it while it's there. I just get the feeling this is something that would only take their 'smith about 5 min. to fix, using only a bit driver, bits, and possibly blue lock-tite.

Anyone else taken the thing down?

Coming late to clay target shotgun sports from a tactical/personal defense background, I find that when holding a defensive shotgun, I now consider all targets, i.e., threats, to be either crossers, incomers, or outgoers.

Last edited by Dobervol on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: How to take down forearm; adjust release?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:04 am 
Utility Grade

That little button that sticks out the end of you fore end is on a shaft. It is threaded (the shaft). It's normally held in place with a set screw. The set has a chance to go MIA and every time you mess with your gun you screw the little button down a little tighter, making it hard to depress far enough to release it. Try spinning it. It will get longer (no Removed by Word Censor needed) and then you can figure out where the set screw was (or is still there just loose) and fix it. If you call Guerini they will most likely send you a replacement no charge. A little blue loctite will keep it in place.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:41 am 
Field Grade

Still there and was loose, if it's the little 1.5 mm hex screw w/a pointed bottom. Was loose, and I tried earlier to spin the shaft with no luck. Now that I know that's how it is designed to work, hopefully I'll be able to git 'er dun. Thanks.

Coming late to clay target shotgun sports from a tactical/personal defense background, I find that when holding a defensive shotgun, I now consider all targets, i.e., threats, to be either crossers, incomers, or outgoers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:51 am 
Field Grade

Yep; that was it; problem solved. This forum is great!!