Shotgun Forum banner

2011 Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic

28K views 121 replies 43 participants last post by  armed777 
#1 ·
Remington has introduced the 1100 Competition (nickle-teflon coated mag tube & receiver) with a Jack West synthetic stock (carbon fiber finish) and Ken Rucker's Auto Buster recoil reducing buttplate for 2011, all at a retail price of $1080. When was the last time you saw a company bring out a new product at a lower price than the current model?
THis gun at the less than a grand it will sell for is one heck of a deal.
I got a stock from Ken and added it to the Competition I already had. It is one nice shooting machine! The 1100 has been as reliable as one could hope for. If you haven't cleaned one for a while, you may have forgotten how easy it is to clean. The 1100 shoots pretty soft as is. The Auto Buster lightens the blow even more.
It does have a few limitations. LOP is 14 1/2" with a 1" pad. Obviously a 1/2" pad gets it to 14". Shorter than that requires some work. Longer is simple enough to accomplish with spacers. Maximum drop at comb with the Competition rib is a parallel 1 9/16". I haven't measured the stock with the comb all the way up, but it should be somewhere in the 1 1/4(The Auto Buster pad plate is adjustable for drop at heel.) If you need more drop at the comb, a higher rib will be in order. Mine weighs 9-2 with a 1/2" Kickeez pad. Best of all, the gun ends up nicely balanced, with a bit of a weight forward feel.
I've been shooting the Competition for over a year now and have quite enjoyed it. THe reports of the old girl's death have been greatly exaggerated.
Dave
The stock can be added to any 1100. It retails for $400.

See less See more
#102 ·
Warren, That is a classy post. I am sure that it will end up with a big bow on it some where. This gun has got to be the hottest gift item I know of other than maybe the SR1911.

Merry Christmas!

FS

#103 ·
I put a hundred shells through mine today. I love this gun. I does not kick at all. I found it it to be dead on accurate. One minor problem was the chokes kept coming loose. I suspect a little grease on the choke tube will solve this problem. As other have said it is a little weight forward, but overall an extremely nice shooting gun. I had guys all over me at the club wanting to know about it. I really belive this will become my favorite gun for the range.

#104 ·
Good for you. The only problem with mine is answering the inevitable question: Where can I get one?

#105 ·
Yeah I got that too. One guy was real interested. He just dumped his krieghoff because after two years of shooting with it he dropped from AA ranked down C. I said well I'm not that good of a shot and he replied you were sure knocking them down out there. Well maybe when he was looking. He seemed really interested. I told him there won't be anymore until February. I offered to let him shoot it this weekend.

#106 ·
I spent the last 2 1/2 months trying to find one, and finally acquired a new one yesterday. Overall it seems very good, however the fit of the stock on the receiver is not as good as I expected it to be. I will be able to shoot it this weekend and see how it does.

#109 ·
I have had my 1100 synthetic competition a little over a month now and I have poured about a thousand rounds through it and it still a dream. I bought a shell-catcher for it so I could stop spending my time bewteen squads picking up hulls. I really am glad I was persistent and that one finally became available to buy. It shoots MUCH different than my Citori Ultra Sporter, and the learning curve for the Remington was about three flats of shells. But now I am doing well with it and the Citori sits, I open its case up and fondle it every now and then so it doesn't become too forlorne.
I hope everyone who is looking for the Synthetic Competition is able to acquire one.

One happy camper I am. I have a machine that you pour 12 ga shotgun shells into and it pours out hulls as long as you want, there is no recoil fatigue. I had the LOP increased to a tad over 15" by a spacer from Ken Rucker, and that made a tremendous difference.

Anone wanting a Citori????

#118 ·
O/U 812 said:
"Spruce up" a shotgun by adding synthetic stocks? Isn't that kind of like "sprucing up" your house by adding vinyl siding?
Actually it is EXACTLY like that.

Remington wood IMO has never been anything special on the 1100's. Some nice wood out there but nothing really fantastic. If it was I would think that they would do a nice oil finish rather than the Gymnasium floor poly coating that I see on them.

#121 ·
After almost 3 months of use I can tell you the finish on the stock is as tough as it is attractive. On more than one occasion I have tested mine severely and it stood the test. After looking at the LTB45 treatment of the logo I wish my Competition had one so I could do the same. Wood is wonderful and beautiful but a tool needs to be durable......... Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.