Shotgun Forum banner

11-87 with Curly/Tiger Maple Wood

7K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  lossking 
#1 ·
Could someone please tell me where I could find a Remington 11-87 with tiger maple stock and fore end? I have only ever seen a few. I lost a bid on gunbroker for the stock and fore end... Or maybe where I could find just the wood?
I personally own one of these "shooter's special" guns on a premier trap receiver and broke the fore end.

#2 ·
With the exception of aftermarket custom stocks, I've never seen anything but black or claro walnut on a Remington 870/1100/11-87 factory stock. A Tiger stripe maple stock and forearm on an 11-87 would appear to be an aftermarket item. Tiger stripe, curley and birdseye maple gunstock blanks are available from Tiger Hunt in Pennsylvania (www.gunstockwood.com), as well as, Goby Walnut in Oregon (www.gobywalnut.com) and other sources. I've dealt with the latter firm a few times and have been very satisfied with the quality and value.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

#4 ·
Remington did a special run of 1187s and 700s (and IIRC, maybe a rimfire as well?) w/ maple stocks some time ago. Not that common, but don't seem to bring any extra money either. I saw the one on gunbroker that you spoke of, but it was pretty plain compared to some of the ones I've seen. I love good maple myself, and due to the fact that its not as popular as walnut, you can get AAA grade maple for a fraction of the cost of AAA grade walnut.

#5 ·
I know it is definitely not an aftermarket/custom stock. My uncle bought it direct from factory. I agree with the gunbroker piece of wood was definitely not as nice as mine is. I really only need a forearm. But I can't really see spending the money for a custom set. Thanks for your help!!!

#10 ·
I have never seen an 11-87 with anything but a walnut stock - except for plastic or hardwood on the lower priced versions. Remington did a run of 1100s and 870s and maybe something else a long while ago, with what I believe was maple, and they called them Sunburst or some such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.