Shotgun Forum banner

Zoli "Z Gun" question.

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Dave Holmes 
#1 ·
My retirement bonus is getting close enough that I want to ramp up my O/U research. A "Z" gun is one of many on my list. I haven't had a quality choked tubed, steel rated O/U for decades so that is the goal.

The current Zoli's interest me. I like a lighter gun even for clays and am happy using very light 12 ga. loads to compensate. Thinking about one of the lighter Zoli "field" guns. I think they are called "Game" or "Extra Game" and or "Exhibition"? "Columbus" also?

My question is this: Do all the current Zoli's, even the non-clays purposed guns (non-Bilanx, Kronos etc.) I've read so much about have the Boss type action and drop out trigger which have been lauded by posters here? Also, what's the deal with the Kronos? Same quality as the higher end guns but just plainer wood and less bling? That would be fine with me, I'd rather spend the extra on lessons, shells, tournaments and travel than the bling...although I admire great wood and engraving in other's guns. Just have to watch the family budget and can't justify it right now.

I will be contacting dealers for some clarification but wanted to hear what you may have to say. Is there a Kronos equivalent field or game gun?

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't know about the field guns . But the Kronus is the same gun as the Z-Gun is , all of the Zoli comp guns have the drop out trigger , but the trigger parts in the Z-Gun's have a titanium coating on them to help with wear . I think the Zoli guns are the best bang for the dollar in a comp clay gun . I would have bought the Kronus if i didn't find such a good deal on a Z-Gun with a host of extras with it ... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.