Shotgun Forum banner

Charles Daly NRA warranty or repair

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  GrizzlyAlan 
#1 ·
Looking for a little help. My brother in law bought a Charles Daly NRA Diamond II (at my suggestion) in the fall of 2010. The gun has less than one box of shells through it. Took it out this past pheasant season and it is doubling. Every shot fired is a 2 for 1!

My local gun smith (who I normally think is top rate) isn't interested in working on it bedcause he says it too difficult to ID the real manufacturer and get proper parts. I told him it's a Marrochi from Italy and he still passed. I think he is just too swamped. The gun came with a lifetime warranty . . . but I guess that dissappeared with KBI.

Any idea if anyone has picked up the line or is handling warranty work?

#2 ·
I have two suggestions for you:

1. Remove the buttstock and barrels/forend. Take the receiver and dunk it in mineral spirits (paint thinner) or kerosene. Slosh it around in there for awhile (15 minutes with mineral spirits or 60 minutes with kerosene). Remove. Let dry. Lubricate with gun oil. Reassemble.

2. After you've done #1 above, allow an experienced shooter to shoot your gun a few times. See if he has the same problems you did. If he doesn't, it may be shooter error. The gun may be bouncing off your shoulder and back into your trigger finger before you can get it out of the way. It happens.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I've already removed the stock and cleaned everything, although I did not soak it in paint thinner. Still same has the same problem.

I'm a very experienced shooter. Pistols, rifles, and shotguns. I own several over unders with both inertia and mechanical triggers. I'm confident it's not me.

With the gun unloaded, you can fire the barrels independently. But when loaded and under actual recoil, both barrels let go no matter where the selector is set (top or bottome first).

#8 ·
esq,

I went to the Marocchi website to see if they listed any U.S. dealers. They may be able to repair your gun or direct you to someone who can.

Here's what I found:

NetworkRetailing LLC
22700 S Central Point Rd
OR 97013 - Usa Canby
Phone 1: 503-263 3787
Fax: 775-414 0833
e-mail: russ@vh2q.com

From another thread, it appears that this dealer may also handle Tikka and Valmet shotguns.

BTW, a Marocchi-made gun isn't a POS that you should just get rid of. Doubling is a problem that can happen, regardless of the manufacturer. A competent gunsmith should be able to correct the problem for you. My Frigon skeet gun (Marocchi) developed a similar problem after 10K rounds. I sent it back to Frenchy and he fixed it.

Good luck!

#9 ·
There is hope for repair and personally, I think it would be worth it to do so as long as the cost was not too dear.

The SGW thread that I will shortly provide a link to will tell you just about everything you could possibly want to know about the CD NRA Diamond series of shotguns. The thread in question concerns the Diamond III, but the differences between that and the gun you are writing about are purely cosmetic.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=207975

If you go to the last page, the second to the last post (by me) the actual provenance is at least revealed concerning the company that actually sold these guns to KBI. They may be able to help with service. Also Numrich is supposed to have parts once you figure out what is wrong with it.

#10 ·
Update: I never had any luck finding anyone who could help with warranty.

Finally, took the gun to a different gun smith and he got things working. According to what I was told, he was suprized the gun worked correctly at all from the beginning. He said the sears were essentially unfinished and had to be entirely recut. In his opinion the gun left the factory without being completed.

I did my research before the purchase so I felt pretty good up front. Now I had to spend $200 on it to make things right. Should have known better. Live and learn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.