Shotgun Forum banner

Columbia SC

43K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  kym 
#1 ·
Anyone from the Cola SC area?

#5 ·
Don't live there, but spend a fair amount of time in the area. I've never gone just to target shoot, mostly deer hunting right there in Richland county. I do my public land hunting out on the Sumter National Forest land in Whitmire.

BT

#9 ·
Right now my home is in Chapin, SC, but I am in Northern VA alot of the time for work. I shot at Hermitage Farms back in December and look forward to going again, maybe as soon as this weekend. I am new to the clay sports and wouldn't mind finding some people to shoot with. Looking forward to some good shooting...

Os

#10 ·
Another one right here, I live in Elgin.
I hunt Manchester State Forest, Sumter National Forest and private land in Fairfield County.
I go to the Indian Creek rifle range when I can and Poinsett Range other times, I prefer Indian Creek, it doesn't have a use fee just have to get there early to get a bench.

#13 ·
Oseron said:
Right now my home is in Chapin, SC, but I am in Northern VA alot of the time for work. I shot at Hermitage Farms back in December and look forward to going again, maybe as soon as this weekend. I am new to the clay sports and wouldn't mind finding some people to shoot with. Looking forward to some good shooting...

Os
I am a Chapin person myself, I hunt out at the Congaree Swap area, but I would recommend Hermitage Farms anyday!

#18 ·
I live in Northeast Columbia, SC. in the Briarcliff sub-division. I am looking for a shooting range that is off of Bookman Rd. I can hear shots being fired and their are warning signs stating "Shooting Range Noise Area".I have driven around the compleat area and have not been able to find where the enterance is. If you know of this place, please let me know. If you know of another ranges in this area, I would also be interested in finding other locations close by.

#19 ·
live south of you Colleton county, born 1945. Like hunting and guns. Can't walk much due to joints so I go every where with motorcycle or my motor scooter. This morning I sat against a tree and shot turtles in the pond, with a gamo pellet rifle, 3-9 scope, this keeps me in practice. I use pistols for snakes.

#20 ·
obetournay said:
I live in Northeast Columbia, SC. in the Briarcliff sub-division. I am looking for a shooting range that is off of Bookman Rd. I can hear shots being fired and their are warning signs stating "Shooting Range Noise Area".I have driven around the compleat area and have not been able to find where the enterance is. If you know of this place, please let me know. If you know of another ranges in this area, I would also be interested in finding other locations close by.
For a shooting range, I presume you mean rifle. Check out the Mid Carolina Rifle Club. www.midcarolinarifleclub.com

A lot more than rifles.

Otherwise the only thing I am aware of out there are private (individual) ranges and Ft Jackson. The Indigo CLub is a shotgun club down on the Sumter Hwy.

#21 ·
obetournay said:
Briarcliff..lived there from 88 - 90, on Castlewood Lane, when I was stationed at Ft Jax..

#22 ·
I live in elgin as well. I also shoot at joe's

#23 ·
I live about 55 miles southeast of Cola in Orangeburg county. I shoot in my back yard on any occasion, as much as possible. Never shot at club before, but interested in giving it a go. Anyone here got info on any clubs near Orangeburg?

#24 ·
SCShotgunHunter said:
I live about 55 miles southeast of Cola in Orangeburg county. I shoot in my back yard on any occasion, as much as possible. Never shot at club before, but interested in giving it a go. Anyone here got info on any clubs near Orangeburg?
Mid Carolina Gun Club is just North of Orangeburg. It's $500 to join ($400 initiation and $100 first years dues). Trap skeet and 5 stand is $3/25 for members and $5/25 for their guests - immediate family who live in your home shoot at member rates.

I like the club because, after the initial cost of joining, it's inexpensive to shoot and we also have rifle and pistol ranges.

You can come to the membership meeting and supper on the second Tuesday of each month to introduce yourself and arrange for a member to sponsor you.

http://www.mc-gc.org/

#25 ·
I'm in Lexington.

I shoot at Hermitage Farms in Camden, Rocky Creek in Richburg, Live Oaks in Swansea, and Mid Carolina in Orangeburg... all fairly regularly.

I have shot less than a handful of times at Clinton House in Clinton. I shot the High Cotton Classic in Chester for the 1st time last year (2011).

Basically, if you are in the Columbia area, there are several great places to shoot sporting clays, within 1~2 hours drive.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.