Shotgun Forum banner

Winchester AA 20guage Once fired hulls

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  skbsxs20 
#1 ·
I have 400 once fired Winchester AA hulls for 20 gauge. These were 7/8oz. #8 shot...not the old style, these are the new slick durable hulls. There are actually a few more than 400 (more like 405-410 or so), but I'm selling as 400 because I don't want to recount to find the exact number.

$15 in the Dallas, TX area...

#2 ·
JPFROG said:
I have 400 once fired Winchester AA hulls for 20 gauge. These were 7/8oz. #8 shot...not the old style, these are the new slick durable hulls. There are actually a few more than 400 (more like 405-410 or so), but I'm selling as 400 because I don't want to recount to find the exact number.

$30 plus actual shipping to your door- I live in Dallas, TX and can also meet if anyone else is in the area.
At that price, I would buy new shells and make my own empties. Moreso when you add the shipping cost.

#3 ·
Most reloaders that I know, throw those in the trash and pick up the Remington empties.

#5 ·
I've never sold empty hulls before. I'm new to shotgunning in general- I only kept these because I thought I'd eventually reload them because the thought of it appealed to me, but I decided not to in the end. I checked some online auction prices and they seemed to be going for 7 cents or so a shell so I slapped a quick math price on these.

What would be a reasonable asking price for these hulls?

<<I edited out my comments that were written before thought had fully been applied and made me seem less than respectful.>>

#6 ·
JPFROG,

The going rate in my area is about half of what you are asking. Remington STS or Gun Clubs are a bit more reloader friendly in both 12 and 20 gauges and preferred by many reloaders, they are also getting harder to find. AAHS 28 gauge and .410 bring 7 to 10 cents apiece at my club and are the preferred hull in the smaller gauges. Do the math yourself and I think you will find that your hull number is out of line. My current reload cost for 20 gauge 7/8 load is $4.40 a box without factoring in the cost of the hull. I buy a flat of AAHS 20 ga. from Recobs for 74.99 delivered to my club. Curly's comment was right on...I would not spend the time needed to reload a flat for a $5.00 savings.

This is a reloaders forum and folks here know the cost of components. No need to be a name caller....you not going to make any friends here by calling people names or dropping bombs. If you want info ask a question, you will get thoughtful answers and advice. Burn bridges and you will be ignored. Good luck with your shooting!

#8 ·
Pabirddog- I appreciate the helpful info. It seems the online sites I visited may have been overpriced as well. I did check 3 sites before posting my hulls- guess they were the wrong sites. I'll adjust my price and make them available locally, as shipping would cause the price to be too high.

I will reconsider the shells I buy going forward, too- folks around the local range I've talked to seem to think highly of the reloading qualities in the AA hulls, but if Remingtons are favorable, I'll start shooting them.

As far as name calling- I didn't specifically call anyone in particular any names, I was simply trying to point out that folks were being less than helpful with their replies. Perhaps my tactics could have been better, and for that I apologize. I try to be a responsible board poster as often as I can, and that wasn't the best impression I've ever left I'm sure.

I am new to shotgunning, and new to shotshell reloading. I have, however, been around the rifle and pistol arenas for a while now and common practice on forums I frequent is to PM someone if you have a suggestion on their pricing...crapping all over someones post with claims of outrageous pricing and living in a fantasy world are just as sinful as name calling. It's true that I won't make many friends by pointing out the negative nature of peoples' replies, but those type of folks may not be the ones I'm looking to be freinds with anyway. It appears that the original negative post has been slightly edited now anyway, and is less negative, so an attempt was made to be more forum friendly. I'm willing to forget it if they are...we all have our bad days.

You have chosen to take the helpful route, and for that I thank you.

#9 ·
Yesterday I was shooting at my local club and noticed waste buckets around the skeet stations about 1/2 full of what appeared to be onece fired 12 ga AA grey hulls. Nobody was picking them up. I wasn't interested in them either. My good friend JUGCHOKE picks them up when he can and reloads them once then tosses them.

#10 ·
IIRC, there is at least an unwritten rule on the forums not to comment negatively on for sale posts. I guess that might not apply on the Reloading forum, but the OP's point about a PM has some validity.

I didn't see any posts that I thought were way out of line, but in light of the OP's short duration on SGW (19 posts at present), the general drift of the comments might not have been the "friendliest" welcome to "the Friendliest Shooting Forum on the Net."

Sorry if we got off to a bit of a rocky start, JPFROG. Stick around and I think you'll find the folks here are really friendly and knowledgeable.

#11 ·
Thanks, OldSkeeter...the comments now look relatively tame, but you'll notice that they are not original (there were some edits after the fact).

Regardless- I'm past it, and looking forward to many years of informative discussions on this forum. I've certainly been pleased with the General Shotgun, Benelli, Beretta, Pump, Semi-Auto, O/U, and Remington forums. I'm sure this will be no different.

Enjoy the long weekend, everyone, and a BIGGER thanks than I'll ever be able to express to those that've helped make this country great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.