Shotgun Forum banner

Yildiz SPZ ME/20 20 Gauge Over-and-Under Shotgun

14K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Wing_Shoot 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the Yildiz SPZ ME/20 20 Gauge Over-and-Under Shotgun from Academy. It would be my first one. There was a guy on this forum a while back that if you sent him your new gun he'd get it working great, I believe he did trigger work etc. Does anyone know who he is and if he still does it. Also, your thoughts on the 20 ga.
Thank you.

#2 ·
Hey Tilden,

Welcome to the forum. That was SGRSS20, I bought a used .410 ME from from him. It was a great transaction and the gun is wonderful. SGRSS20 was in poor health a few months ago. He still comes around and chimes in on occasion, but is no longer selling used Y-guns from Academy.

There is a link here for contacting Academy and workign with your local FFL to ship a gun. My hunting buddy is contemplating a purchase from Academy using this method.

Here you go, I hope it helps, keep us posted: :)

[url=http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=268765]viewtopic.php?f=104&t=268765

[/url]
Maggs

#4 ·
Thank you Maggs. Is Academy the only place to buy them? Also, what work did SGRSS20 do to his guns. How do you like the 410?

SoonerRob, Thank you. Did you buy yours from Academy? Also, did you do anything to break it in?

#5 ·
Hey Tilden,

SGRSS20 hand filed some of the parts to smooth out the action. the ejectors are wonderful and seemed to be timed very well (the hulls end up about 1 ft apart on the ground if you just let them fly...)

The triggers are "pretty good". I've described the gun here:
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=229749
and have a round count running here:
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=243139

It's on page 3 here:
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=223796&p=1998046#p1998046

Have a good one... going to put 50+ rounds through it now.

Maggs

#6 ·
I just called Academy to order one and was told they no longer ship to FFL's. They only ship from one store to another.

Know a way for someone who lives far from one of there stores to buy one?
Thank you.

#8 ·
Tilden, welcome to the Y-Gun forum,
I see all your questions have been answered, let us know when you get your Yildiz, and post up some pictures.

cdb

#9 ·
cdb1097 said:
Tilden, welcome to the Y-Gun forum,
I see all your questions have been answered, let us know when you get your Yildiz, and post up some pictures.

cdb
Cdb, getting one appears like it is going to be a problem. Academy no longer ships to FFL's. They only ship from one store to another.

#13 ·
Wing, if you figure that out I might have to talk with you about a .410. I would pay a reasonable fee to have person pick a nice looking gun and ship it to my ffl. When I bought my 20 from academy they had a third party use gift cards to buy my gun and then shipped it to my ffl. This seems like the same idea.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.