Shotgun Forum banner

charles daly parts

27K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  claytbuster 
#1 ·
I just inherited a 12 gauge semiauto gas loader. It is missing the "operating handle" or "bolt handle" as the manual calls it. Where can I get a replacement? I've been told that Charles Daly, KBI Inc. is out of business. I also want to see if there is a barrel for it that I can shoot slugs with. Any help out there? Local gunshops/smiths haven't been much help. Numrich had some at one time, but now list the part as sold out.

#4 ·
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=9207

Keep checking with Numrich, word on the street is that they bought all the CD parts from KBI and the stock level is increasing daily. The link I posted has several bolt handles available for the Turkish guns.

Buy several handles if you can find them, they are prone to breakage.

#8 ·
Numrich did buy up everything from KBI, but don't have everything sorted out. I have one in with the bolt carrier end of the action bar assy split end to end. They told me to send the part in and they could probably match it. My understanding is that there were at least two factories involved in the production so getting the correct parts is a real pain. Judging from the quality of those I have worked on my opinion is that when they break they should be scrapped. Here endeth the lesson. Goatwhiskers the Elder

#12 ·
I recently purchased a Charles Daly 12 ga. semi-auto shotgun from an estate sale. the gun had never been fired. I found out why....lol.... the gun was shipped with a defective part..... not broken..... just not milled or cast properly. So I am looking for this part so my gunsmith can fix this problem.
In the Charles Daly Semi-auto shotgun owners manual it is listed as an "Interceptor Latch" part #14 in the manual. I am also looking for part #12 , the "Feed Latch Pin" as the original pin was bent while being removed. The Interceptor Latch I have is not broken, it was manufactured WITHOUT the nipple on the top of the latch that activates the loading fingers; this means that the weapon will not load when the charging handle is pulled back and released..... also..... the gun will not eject the spent round once the gun has been fired.... however, the gun will manually load (through the port), fire, and manually eject (by pulling back the charging handle), but will not load the next round.... just because a 1/2 gram piece of metal was not included on this piece. Makes me wonder how this gun passed QC. If anyone can help me locate this piece.... other than through NUMRICH... they don't have it, and their diagrams are incorrect and do not match the owners manual.... please post a reply...... any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks

#14 ·
Thanks for the information. Numrick does not have the parts, and their diagrams of the gun do not match the Owners Manual..... either in the drawings or in the parts breakdown.... so essentially, Numrick is a worthless source of parts or information as to my needs. I have sent emails to a couple of the other suppliers listed for parts for the CDs', but as yet, I have not received any responses.... So again any help or possible parts sources will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again...... Rob

#15 ·
I was able to get hold of a company called SAMCO Global Arms, Inc. out of Miami, FL. The Tech I talked to told me that they are handling all the Charles Daly Parts and Repair now. They have kind of a unique way of handling replacement parts, but it's do'able. The tech I spoke with was sent to Istanbul for a couple of weeks to the factory to learn and qualify on the repair procedure, so it would seem that they are trying to right some of the wrongs from past productions..... Time will tell......Rob

#16 ·
It might have been the same guy I talked to. If it is he also told me Akkar had up-graded theit metal standards to comply with NATO spec's as they wanted to sell to NATO. I hope so. And yes he told me they would send new parts if they had the broken part to compare it to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.