Shotgun Forum banner

Silver Snipe

3K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  Tal/IL 
#1 ·
Anyone still have one? I picked one up a few years ago, haven't gotten around to shooting it yet. Don't know much about them. Mine is no safe queen as the recoil pad has been replaced with a limb saver pad.

Any info would be appreciated. I am thinking that she might see a few days in the dove field this year......that is if I can put the montefeltro down long enough. lol

#7 ·
Check the screws that hold the fore end iron on. If they get loose you can crack the wood, especially in a 12.

#8 ·
Great guns. Yours appears to be a '60's gun. Any Garcia Import marks on it? I believe 3 stars and 2 stars is IC/Mod.

Like stated above, check the forend iron screws then shoot away. Should be a dove slayin' SOB with some 7/8oz #7.5's or 8's. Keep that gun swingin' though. I'll bet it's awful light!

#10 ·
phideaux_2003 said:
Great guns. Yours appears to be a '60's gun. Any Garcia Import marks on it? I believe 3 stars and 2 stars is IC/Mod.

Like stated above, check the forend iron screws then shoot away. Should be a dove slayin' SOB with some 7/8oz #7.5's or 8's. Keep that gun swingin' though. I'll bet it's awful light!
Don't know what a Garcia Import mark would look like or where it would be located.

#12 ·
phideaux_2003 said:
It would be on the barrels, I think the left side of the top barrel, above the forearm. It will say "Imported By Garcia Sporting Arms."
None. A few numbers

k 1,100 15,9 15,4

on left side top barrel

17,4 15,9 15,5
on left side bottom barrel

Nothing on the right side.

Top barrel next to rib right side not covered by forarm

CHROMIUM MOLYBDENUM STEEL

#16 ·
I bet it will be just fine.
The early guns had leaf type hammer springs, and they can break.
Finding replacements can be tough.
I've got a '67 Skeet model choked Skeet 1 and Skeet 2, with a mid-bead.
I just finished repairing the wood; I'll get some photos on.

#18 ·
Ok, its all together but I haven shot it yet. I'm loving my DT10, and 303 so this is just hanging around.
I'll probably end up selling it.

#22 ·
It is a barrel selector. Sorry, sold it a few months ago.
Nice guns but too light for much clay work in my opinion.

#24 ·
A friend of mine just bought a 12g S55 Silver Snipe and is looking for a manual or copy of one. Can any one help out.?

Also said the second shot trigger was a little "sticky". He didn't know if he was not releasing the trigger enough for it to reset properly or if it needed some attention. Any thoughts?

#25 ·
Clyde, in one of your earlier posts there is a picture of the bottom of the receiver. It shows an emblem of the Roman goddess Vittoria (we would say Victoria) which is a Beretta trademark, and below that is a trademark consisting of a shield with a helmet on top - that is the trademark of J. L. Galef & Son, who were the Beretta importers before Garcia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.