Shotgun Forum banner

Maxus vs new A5?

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  11-87 Shooter 
#1 ·
Looking for my next golden trigger...looking for an auto for waterfowling, synthetic, etc...a working gun...

Would you get the Maxus or the new A-5???

My wife won't let me get both, already tried that one...

#2 ·
A few years back I was in the market for my first auto loading shotgun. I had always been a Remington guy and loved the looks and handling of their new bottom ejecting auto loader. Even got a chance to shoot it at an event in SoCal. Told my brother about it and the sage advice he gave me was wait until the model had proven itself. Well this model lasted about two years and was discontinued. Glad I waited.
I am not saying the new A5 will not work (again I love the look and feel of the gun-got to hold one earlier this year). I am saying the Maxus is a proven design. :mrgreen:

#3 ·
I have the maxus and like it.

I don't see how browning could screw the a5 up benelli has already perfected the short recoil design the a5 uses. I may hold out for the 3.5 if for no other reason than if Jesus comes back tomorrow and blesses 3.5 shell I wont have to get a new gun

#4 ·
I have a Maxus and like it very much. I agree with jf185br, the new A5 was perfected by Beneli. it is essentially a Montefeltro with a squared back. There is a lot of wisdom waiting to make sure a design is worthy, but with Browning offering a 5 year warranty, I'm sure you'll get your Maxus if the new A5 is a bust.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.