Shotgun Forum banner

Single barrel Trap,-------- new question

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ithacanut 
#1 ·
Hello all, I recently aquired this single barrel trap gun and have to admit I don't know too much about them. What exactly do I have? Knick? 4E? The gun is in amazing condition for a gun this old, and is still tight enough to feel like a new gun. The serial number is 4018XXT, which I believe dates it to 1929. The original, numbered to the gun stock was included. I'll have to get the old tape residue off of it to see what kind of condition it is in. I actually took it out last week for trap league and shot it. Ran a 25 straight from the 16! Here are some pics:

So, what exactly do I have, and what might the value be?

Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, I've got a new question for you Ithaca fans. I've been using this gun for it's intended purpose and plan on making it my regular trap gun. I'd like to replace the recoil pad with something period correct and add a bit to the LOP. Any ideas on which would be "more correct", an Ithaca Starburst, or one of the red Silver pads? I've been looking here:

http://www.csmcspecials.com/category_s/18.htm

I'm leaning towards the Silver pad because it adds more to the LOP than the Starburst without having to add spacers.

And by the way, if you know about other sources for these pads, or if you have one gathering dust and would like to sell, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks, JOHN

#5 ·
Since it has been restocked, and the frame blued, a 'correct' pad is a mute point. If you restore the original stock and frame finish, you have some options. A Hawkins pad of their various models, Silvers, etc. Ithaca Sunburst was a year away, (1932) but would be ok since pads changed often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.