CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MODEL 348 GAMESTER HARRINGTON RICHARDSON SHOTGUN
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 12 GAUGE BOLT ACTION SHOTGUN AS IVE DESCRIBED IN THE TITLE OF MY TOPIC.
LOOKING FOR INFO ON CHAMBER LENGTH AND MAYBE ANY INFO AS TO THE VALUE AND AGE OF THE ARM,

Post subject: Re: MODEL 348 GAMESTER HARRINGTON RICHARDSON SHOTGUN
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:49 am 
Presentation Grade

The H&R was one of th many American makers offering bolt action shotguns in te late 40s and early 50s. your gun likely has 2 3/4" chambers and is valued at $50 to $100, depending on condition. Have a good day.. Bushrod

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:32 am 
Tournament Grade

thanks busrod,this might sound wierd,but could u mount a low powered scope on this gun and shoot it with rifled slugs.
I know the accuracy wouldnt be match quality but would this be ok for shots up to lets say 40-50 yards or there abouts
look forward to your reply

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:00 am 
Presentation Grade

Hummer: I'm not an authority on scopes or slugs, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be just as good as any other smoothbore. Cheers..Bushrod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:19 am 
Utility Grade

Don't know if a late reply will get read, but I bought one for $50 a few years ago. I could find no chamber size indications so I measured to the ridge on the inside of the chamber and came up with 3". The only other possible hint his the prominent "M" which appears next to the "12 ga." on the receiver. I could be wrong but I have a hunch that the "M" is for "magnum" which many years ago meant 3". I have fired 3" shells from mine but won't make a habit out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:23 am 
Crown Grade

The letter dating is supposed to be in conjunction with the serial...however as you probably know nothing is written in stone no matter how many reference books it's in.

M would be about 1952 or so.

Another possibility is the M denotes the choking.

Or, as you said it could be magnum, it's really hard to tell , there's not a lot of info around on this model.