Shotgun Forum banner

Remington 870 bead sight removal

23K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  zombie 
#1 ·
want to ditch the dull silver bead on my new 870,do it just unscrew or what?looking for something brighter,polishing didn't help at all.It's mounted on a low base.thanks!!

#2 ·
I think Express models are just pressed in. Grab it with a pair of pliers and yank it out. Wingmasters and the other nicer finished guns are threaded in. I think if you look close, you'll see a small hex or flats to grip it by and unscrew it. Maybe ask the guys in the Gunsmithing forum to be sure. A couple of them know what they are talking about. Mention if its an Express, Wingmaster, etc.

#3 ·
My 870 Express was press-fit. It had to be cut off, drilled out and tapped for a screw-in Truglo. It's not an easy job because you can drill through the barrel and marr the rib up if you're not careful. If you have the 870 Express I recommend taking it to a competent gunsmith for this work.

L'duck <><

#9 ·
Try these:

Truglo Tru-Point
It comes with green and red but you can replace them with white which work out very nicely.

Truglo also makes a very nice paint that you can put on your current bead. Just click on their accessory pages.

http://www.truglo.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.