Shotgun Forum banner

Liking the new 930 lineup.

9K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  cflanon 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I am waiting on the Sporting version to hit the shelves, I may replace all 3 of the ones I have with these new versions coated with Nickel Boron, that stuff is slick and easy to clean.

#18 ·
livingstone,
No, not yet. I picked it up when I got back from fishing in Idaho. So, hopefully I'll get out next weekend. Fit and finish are very good, trigger is excellent. Going to pattern a few different loads, then try some at the trap range just to get a feel for it. I'll post when I get this taken care of.

#19 ·
I know this is an old thread but just had to say I also have a Duck Commander model with the green, duck covered receiver and green barrel. The darn thing functions perfectly every time. Not one malfunction from shell 1 on. And not needing to be concerned with the exterior metal is a new concept, Hard to get used to not having to keep the barrel oiled to prevent rust. I love the simple gas system with no action bar, just a "pusher". I know the 930 platform has been out for a long time, but it is nice to see they hit a home run in the economy autoloader market.

The two things I love about Mossberg is their quick excellent customer service and their low parts prices.

#20 ·
I went back to Idaho for some upland birds in Oct. Took the 930DC with me. Shot Ruffed Grouse, Sharpies and some Huns. Used #6 lead, 1-1/8oz shot. Worked perfectly. Also tried some Wal-Mart delights. 1 oz and 1-1/8, 7.5's and 8's. These all worked with no problems what so ever. Very happy with this 930. The Wal-Mart shells were used for thrown clays only.

#22 ·
Coming back a bit late to this thread. Randy, you are correct in the price drop. First time I saw the 930 DC, it was around $730-$750 at Bud's. Went back a week later, price was $488.00. Bought it right there! By the time I got it in my hands, it was less than $550.00. The gun has been flawless from day one.
The bandana makes for a swell cleaning rag.

#26 ·
livingstone said:
cflanon said:
Looks like I'll be finding out. Ordered one today from my local dealer. Said it should be here middle of next week.
We shall see.
Cool, let us know when you get it!
Well, I got it and posted my first impression:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=439859

Then, after some time and developing the same issue, I posted an update"
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=453268

Not sure if others have had any quirky trigger/safety issues, but I figured others may want to check theirs out, to see if theirs did the same thing as mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.