Shotgun Forum banner

2017 ALABAMA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOT

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  bushycreekclays 
#1 ·
The ASCA is proud to announce that Taylor Creek Sporting Clays located in Theodore, AL will be hosting the 2017 shoot. Mark your calendar for October 5-8, 2017. Theodore, AL is an extension to Mobile that offers some of finest southern hospitality and restaurants available on the Gulf Coast.

2017 will bring yet more exciting news in the form of the largest shooter payout to date for an AL State Shoot and could very well compare to any shoot any where for that matter.

Main Event Payouts:
Drum roll please.........HOA - $5,000 // RU - $2,500
Master thru E Class ....1st - $1,000 // 2nd - $500 // 3rd - $250

$20,000 any way you slice it with no minimum shooters required!! Along with the extreme door prizes that Alabama is known to give away!

I would say that sporting clays is alive and well in Alabama!! More info to follow as its available!!

#2 ·
With a very young grandbaby in the Mobile are, a Fall visit seems in order!

#8 ·
I have only been shooting a couple of months. I recently joined Taylor Creek and I am very excited that the state match is at home. I am looking forward to shooting competitions in the area and hopefully competing in the state match next fall.

#9 ·
GoldenEagle said:
Once again, right in the middle of football season. What's wrong with May, June, or July? Many of us are "shot out" by that time, especially when we start in February.
:roll: I am a college football fan, nascar fan....but its not keeping me from shooting, that why they make DVR's.....just sayin! :shock:

#10 ·
Oh, I'll be there. Love TC and Chris and Joanne. Just so late in the season it isn't as much fun as earlier in the year while we are all relatively "fresh". My focus starts to wane after August.

We've got the South Central Regional at Providence Hill Farm in September and I was hoping it would be much earlier as well. At 65, it doesn't take near as much to satisfy me. Clays either. :wink:

#11 ·
Registration is open on Scoring Pro. Additional payout news.....ASCA is paying two more places in the Main, $100 for 4th and 5th places Master thru E class. Total payout exceeds $20,000 !!

A big thanks to Chris Myers Automall, Daphne, AL who has stepped up again to claim the title sponsorship position. For all your auto needs be sure to visit Chris Myers Auto!!

See details at http://www.taylorcreeksportingclays.com/ASCA_State_Championship_2017.html

#12 ·
We're 6 weeks out and things are coming together nicely!! Over 100 currently registered so don't procrastinate any longer, you know you want to shoot this event so visit Scoring Pro and make it happen while spots are still available.

Rod Shyda with Lincoln Traps will once again be the man on the ground with those awesome Lincoln Traps to keep things moving along with the Howell Traps team.

Come see what you've been missing and join us in Theodore, ALABAMA !!!!

#14 ·
I did not see any schedule for the Super Sporting - when is that being held?

#16 ·
But is it only offered on a certain day or ??????

#18 ·
We're close, October 6th is just a few days outs! A few updates: Carl Emilson with On-Point-Mktg. will be on site for ammo sales and numerous accessories! John Woolley will have the Woolley Shooting Clinic truck on site stocked full of shooter bling bling (PRETTY SHOTGUNS), bring the check book!

The Pre-lim and Main event rotation are 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. as stated during the ScoringPro registration process but contrary to flyer info originally distributed. Great dinner planned for Saturday evening where over $10,000 of door prizes with be awarded, must be presence to win.

Remember Main HOA @ $5,000 and RU @ $2,500 plus class money at 1st - $1000, 2nd - $500, 3rd - $250, 4th & 5th - $100. Plenty of opportunity for warm-ups, snooker, and long bird contest.

#19 ·
It has been an exciting week watching comfy, compact Taylor Creek expand while Chris, Lincoln Traps and Howell's make Billy and Royce's vision for the various courses become a reality. It's cool seeing the shooting stations on the "old" property which predate my first visit to TC. There are certainly a lot of interesting targets.

We will be using the old entrance on the shooting preserve side of property so please use the Montee Road address (4900 Montee Road Theodore, AL 36582) if you are able to join us for the shoot. The regular entrance will be marked as a service entrance as we cannot allow cars, trucks, and trailers on the cart trails that tie everything together.

#20 ·
Subject: 2017 Alabama State Sporting Clays Championship Contingency Weather Plan

The long-range weather forecast for this weekend is unsettled but does not warrant rescheduling the event. We believe the weather will support shooting Friday and Saturday even if safety forces us to cancel shooting Sunday.
The shoot committee will make a weather decision Saturday, October 7, 2017 prior to first shot of the first rotation of the Saturday Main whether to shoot the two-day, 200 target main event as stated in the shoot program or a one-day 150 target main on Saturday.
2017 Contingency Weather Main Event: Saturday, October 7, 2017, Fifteen stations, 10 targets per stations. The remainder of the program to include payouts, FITASC, Super Sporting, games, etc are unchanged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.