Shotgun Forum banner

Remington V3

28K views 146 replies 58 participants last post by  fblainen11 
#1 ·
Hey there guys.... looking at maybe getting myself a V3 as was wondering what the thoughts of anyone that may have one are?

Thanks in Advance

#102 ·
They don't offer a synthetic version in camo? Their marketing dept should check the offerings of pretty much every semi auto shotgun manufacturer out there.

#106 ·
midtennhtr said:
Now my question, are you guys putting any lube on the recoil springs or are you just putting a drop in the trigger group and a light coating in the receiver like it says in the manual?
A drop of Breakfree CLP, or "half a drop" if you can make one. Others have their favorites, but Breakfree CLP is what I've used for years on essentially all repeating shotguns.

I've hunted with both the 26 inch and 28 inch, but I far prefer the balance of the 26 inch. Sitting on a bucket in the duck blind, it doesn't matter that much, but for stuff that flushes, 26 inch is an easy choice (at least for me).

#108 ·
DevilsAdvocate said:
Can someone tell me what other Scope bases are interchangeable
with V3.

I assume Versa max is the same dimensions, but how about
1100/870 bases?

I would like to get a scope base rail for the V3, and I can find
a Weaver that specifies Remington 1100/870, and it has a
nice low price like t his one:
https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-1-piec ... matte.html

But, will it fit?
No one could answer so I bought one to find out.
It just seemed to me Remington would be smart
enough to makes parts as interchangeable as
can be, just for simplicity. So any way I bought
the Weaver one piece base above, Weaver part
number 48345 matte 453 finish, for Remington

Yep it fits, same spacing of the holes, have not
installed it yet, but with holes the same spacing
it has to be usable. The price is also right, $9.

#109 ·
Hi guys, looking at the pictures it seems the supercell pad is larger (thicker) on the walnut version than the synthetic. Can anyone verify this? Do you still have both guns Randy?

I know the v3 is smaller than the Versa max and that's why I'm asking

#111 ·
RandyWakeman said:
kuffs06 said:
Hi guys, looking at the pictures it seems the supercell pad is larger (thicker) on the walnut version than the synthetic.
Same identical pad. The included and installed spacer on the V3 walnut makes it look thicker.
Thanks randy. I'd like to actually try the versa max supercell on the V3 as it's at least 1/4" thicker. I wonder why they didn't just use the same one from the versa max. It just would have made it a little softer than it alread Is

#113 ·
DevilsAdvocate said:
No one could answer so I bought one to find out.
It just seemed to me Remington would be smart
enough to makes parts as interchangeable as
can be, just for simplicity. So any way I bought
the Weaver one piece base above, Weaver part
number 48345 matte 453 finish, for Remington

Yep it fits, same spacing of the holes, have not
installed it yet, but with holes the same spacing
it has to be usable. The price is also right, $9.
Awesome! Thx, it is good to know.

#115 ·
I just started to look at the Remington V3 yesterday. I saw a Youtube video by Randy Wakeman about the gun. I used a Benelli Vinci last summer - trap shooting. I did alright.
I had a long, 35 year, lay off. But I did manage a few 25's with the Vinci.

I liked the gun - except... It didn't shoot where it was aimed. It shot high/left. I shimmed it and the pattern moved down to 'acceptable'. But it still shoots 90% left of a vertical line on the target. Benelli punted on the problem Their answer is 'It's not a bug, it's a feature'. That's the line I used in software development to cover my mistakes. Seems Benelli does too.

Anyway, I started looking around for prices on a V3. I found one, on-line for $557 - 28" bbl. Then I spied the $100 Remington rebate. $457 for a new Remington V3! I was going to buy a used SX-1 with a modified bbl and put the bbl on my own SX1. But that's more than $457. And used bbls are hard to find.

So I look and the rebate expired Monday at mid-night! I called Remington - no rebate extensions. I knew that would be the case. I called the seller to see if he'd pre-date a receipt - again no luck. And again, I knew that would be the case. I understand both responses. But I thought it would be worth a try.

Shoot - I think I'll wait to see if Remington comes out with another rebate. Or maybe I'll just put tubes in my minty SX-1. You snooze you lose. My bad. Just needed to share my pain with someone...

#116 ·
Law57 said:
Shoot - I think I'll wait to see if Remington comes out with another rebate. Or maybe I'll just put tubes in my minty SX-1. You snooze you lose. My bad. Just needed to share my pain with someone...
I feel your pain. I've had to pass on two very good deals recently one on a V3 and another on a 725 Citori rebates expired. But the fact is that even with rebates my finances aren't permitting a "want" right now. Once I check off some "needs" in our household namely some remodeling then I can forge ahead with or without a rebate. best of luck in your job search if you are continuing on that path.

#117 ·
amaracini said:
Law57 said:
I feel your pain. I've had to pass on two very good deals recently one on a V3 and another on a 725 Citori rebates expired. But the fact is that even with rebates my finances aren't permitting a "want" right now. Once I check off some "needs" in our household namely some remodeling then I can forge ahead with or without a rebate. best of luck in your job search if you are continuing on that path.
If you have the patients there are always rebates. Don't forget Christmas and Boxing Day are coming.

That being said I would definitely wait. It's a better option then choking out your Winchester. Not to mention it's a V3. Very different than the Winchester is

#118 ·
kuffs06 said:
amaracini said:
Law57 said:
If you have the patients there are always rebates. Don't forget Christmas and Boxing Day are coming.

That being said I would definitely wait. It's a better option then choking out your Winchester. Not to mention it's a V3. Very different than the Winchester is
Wait - that's the plan for now. This time yesterday I didn't even know there was a V3 - today I'm kicking myself. For $459 0I would have bought one immediately. If I didn't like it I'd give it to a nephew who started shooting last summer - wife and three kids. He's saving for a gun - but it may be years.

I know it's different than my Winchester. But I'm lucky, it seems, it that I'm average build for someone my age. I'm 5'9". Guns fit me right out of the box. I have a M12-Y trap, the SX-1, the Vinci and I trap shoot with them all. I'm sure a V3 would fit me just fine.

But yes - I'm going to wait. Where I live, N. MN. it will be 5 months before we start trap shooting again. And, if I start the year with what I have, that's fine too.

As for tubes in my SX-1... It won't handle steel shot. It's has a 2 3/4 inch chamber. I don't know what I'd use it for except trap shooting. There are no pheasants here. I understand it's a shame to cut a minty gun. The SX-1 is/was a war horse and it's in excellent to minty condition. The full choke is really, really, full. Felt recoil is low as the gun weighs in at over 8 lbs. I'll think about tubes - probably wait to see what I can get down with the V3.

#119 ·
I too had a few different shotguns. Once I got the v3 and versa max I sold my super Vinci, berettas and a few fixed choke shotguns. I just didn't see the need to keep stuff around I wouldn't use when I had 2 guns I really liked and capable of anything I would use it for.

#121 ·
I'm assuming if they were going to include shims the price would have to increase a bit. I guess they figured it was good for most of their customers. It's a Sportsmans grade so the reality is, they should come out with a waterfowl edition like they did with the versa max and include them on the higher end model with a case and everything the waterfowl pro comes with. Like the versa max they could add $400 to the price

#123 ·
RandyWakeman said:
I suppose some are still "waiting" for 1100, 11-87, and 870s to get shims after 16,000,000 guns sold as well. :lol:
:lol:

#124 ·
RandyWakeman said:
I suppose some are still "waiting" for 1100, 11-87, and 870s to get shims after 16,000,000 guns sold as well. :lol:
You make a good point, everyone I know who shoots Remington's, including myself have learned to live with the the stock dimensions. Or you add adjustable butt plates, adjustable combs, homemade shims, moleskin, cheek savers, pitch adjusters and just about anything else you can slap on to their stocks.

After 16,000,000 why should they start caring about gun fit now.

#125 ·
DKW1 said:
After 16,000,000 why should they start caring about gun fit now.
I'm average and Remington's always fit me perfectly.
Remington's best bet is to come up with many different models and variations like a tactical V3, a turkey gun, a competition gun, a waterfowl edition(with shins)… Etc.

I'm sure they will eventually get there but the sooner the better. Longer they take more people will buy other guns instead

#126 ·
The vast majority of popular shotguns sold over the years (870, Mossberg 500, Ithaca M37, Brownng BPS, the Browning Auto-Five, Beretta 686's, Citori's, etc., etc.) were not sold with shims. Wonder why?

All a shim can do it change the angle of the buttstock as it juts out from the receiver. That is no semblance to professional stock fitting and does nothing to change comb width, pistol grip shape, pistol grip placement, or any actual physical stock dimensions. If you need an adjustable comb or a custom stock, shims are of no benefit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.