CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spanish shotgun-Who makes it?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:31 pm 
Utility Grade

Spanish Shotgun.
The side by side double barrel has "made in spain" on it.
It also has the word Sloan SSG Co. The SSG letters are hard to make out.It also has the numbers 48270 stamped on barrel , hand rest piece and main receiver.On top of barrel it has POS - Pride Of Spain.The gun has 3 pieces to it. The barrel, receiver(trgger and stock) and hand rest piece that locks onto barrel.
Who makes this and what is it worth? Thank you for any help you may have.
More info. It is a 12 g and it has a double trigger.

Post subject: Re: Spanish shotgun-Who makes it?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:01 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

These are very cheap guns, imported in the 70s, Worth $50 to $150, depending on gauge and condition.. Not sure who the maker was.. Bushrod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I hate to have to be the one to tell you, but the Pride of Spain has a reputation for being one of the worst guns ever made. It tends to validate and provide an example for the vulgar meaning of the initials "POS".

I've never actually seen one, but the subject of POS comes up from time to time on the talk groups that specialize in side-by-side guns, and the response is always the same.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:07 pm 
Field Grade

Look at the water table and under the chambers, your shotgun is probably stamped H over a Z in an oval with a crown above. If yes, it was manufactured by ZAMACOLA HERMANOS (RIP) previously located in EIBAR.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:25 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you everyone for your response.Seems like I bought a piece of crap. I only paid 100$ for it. It seemed like a decent gun at the time.Although I never heard of it. I refinished the stock.I have not shot it though. I misplaced the hardware for some time and recently found it and put it back together.I'm gonna trade it in at the gun shop and was wondering how much I should ask for it.I thought I saw the same exact gun @ the local shop and they wanted 200$. Thanks again for your help.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:29 pm 
Utility Grade

I had a Pride Of Spain coach gun 12 guage shotgun that I bought new as a dealer from Sloans Sporting Goods in Ridgefield, Conn. about 1974. I released the tang safety on it while it was loaded and the gun discharged without my finger being on the trigger. That was the first and last time I used it. I sold it after that not sure if the problem ever happened again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:31 pm 
Utility Grade

Any good or bad reports on the Stoeger coachgun 12 guage 20 inch barrel?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:33 am 
Utility Grade

Good to know about the safety not working properly. I will most likely sell it. I do think it is a good looking piece though.

Thanks and Happy New Year

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:18 pm 
Diamond Grade

Since Hermanos Bros make good quality Spanish Shotguns...
Not HZ barrel branding on watermark test result.

"You will receive power"
Acts 1:8