Shotgun Forum banner

has anybody out there heard of a western field shotgun

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  MarlandS 
G
#1 ·
This gun was my grandpas I've never heard of the company before the gun is a .410 bolt action chambered for 3'' shells is there anybody out there that has any information on this gun or the value of it.

#2 ·
Western Field shotguns were sold by Montgomery Ward. They were made by several manufacturers. Stevens may have made some of them.

A bolt action .410 with the Western Field name on it might be worth about $125 if it's in good condition. That my GUESStimate. :lol:

G
#5 ·
i also own a westerfield, its a model 550AB, 12 ***** pump with a 30 full choked barrel. i understand that its the same as a mossberg 500, but i dont know what the AB stands for. I ve seen info about the A and the B but not with them together.

#7 ·
hello cootshooter, I have a westernfield 12 gauge ,m550a it is a mossberg I went to the mossberg web page to try and get some info on the production year etc.... I just typed in mossberg .com searched and went to there site they have links and phone numbers for getting more info. Hope that helps I'm thinking that if it's a bolt action it may be a older model, I would be interested to know what you find out. Another person commented on there winchester lever action 9410 which is a 410 lever action shotgun it was in the forum topic , whats your favorite shotgun for hunting?, that is a sweet looking gun. I looked that up on the winchester web site.

G
#8 ·
yes , i have a western field model m550ed 410. it was given to me when i was six yrs old. i am 32 now and it is in great shape. i am thinking of selling it but cannot find a round about value.appreciate if someone could maybe point me in some direction. hate to not get a fair deal on the sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.