ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:09 pm 
Presentation Grade

painter,

It still will not let the image picture post, just the ident as in your post, then you must click on it. Works the same way as the ? Mark.

Gentlemen,
I was not trying to cause a problem by asking the questions I did, thank you for trying to help me.

Pine Creek/Dave

NRA Life Member/NRA Instructor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:53 pm 

Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
painter,

It still will not let the image picture post, just the ident as in your post, then you must click on it. Works the same way as the ? Mark.

Gentlemen,
I was not trying to cause a problem by asking the questions I did, thank you for trying to help me.

Pine Creek/Dave

Dave, I know you just want to be successful at posting pictures as it is done elsewhere but this site is not conducive to that.
3 years ago there was a scheduled change of forum software to the "Good" stuff. Since then, ownership has changed of this forum. The guy running the place is gone, the guy that was herding the changeover has moved on, I just moderate the place and those in charge have not given any indication that a change is underway.
The choice is this.
Do what works or have no success at posting photos. I cannot fix the forum software but the owners might accept a rather large donation to obtain that software and change over to it. If you guys that are dissatisfied want to make that donation, have at it. $100K might be a good start on the expense.
Let me know and I will help you get in contact with the folks in charge.
Complaining is nothing but a waste of effort.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

Curly,

I am not trying to give anyone a hard time, I did not understand until somebody posted that all this had been discussed before, that I was just spinning my wheels as to the upgrade. Neither did I know the forum had been sold. Being a pretty new member here I was just trying to find out why my pictures would not post directly, without using another host. I fully understand making money and if I had 100K to invest, I would open my own Grouse hunting forum and not care about the picture posting here on this forum.
I will continue to post using the ? mark, and advise members to click on the ? to see the picture.

Thanks for your knowledge.

Pine Creek/Dave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:10 am 
Crown Grade

Well, I finally made the switch to 'imgur' tonight after years of being with Flickr, and before that, Photobucket. Both places are a bunch of jagoffs as far a$$ I'm concerned....

The reel you in, then convert to as pay service, and hold all of your photo's hostage.

Flickr recently went to a pay service, but is also offering a free service of 1,000 photo's.

Good if you only have 1,000 photos (or less). I had over 7,000 when I got the notice, and had to scurry around to do massive purged. Needless to say it broke years worth of picture link post that I had sprawled all over the forum.

But now, and ever since that, they've have a daily outages, and I'm just sick of it. Good bye Flickr.

Problem with 'imgur', is that will suffer the same fate, - they will get real popular, then we'll all get the notice: 'Sorry, - just too expensive to run a free service, - need to convert to a pay service.

So we'll see how long it lasts. At one point, the built-in SGW gallery was a viable option, now it doesn't work.

But Thanks Curly for posting the sticky for 'imgur', - seems to be working (for now).

Can you tell the admins that the Coppermine photo gallery isn't allowing people to write files.

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 9.20.03 PM.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Republican on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 am 
Crown Grade

painter* wrote:
Curly N wrote:
painter* wrote:
This is an image posted from jpgbox.

Works fine.

Does not!

Noted.

Does the page link work for you Curly? I think that site doesn't allow hotlinks.

There are better hosts.

Odd. didn't work for me either.

But after I manually went to the link (seen while edited), not it shows up in the forum.

Attachment:
100_1387.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:54 am 
Diamond Grade

Test. I use the iPad app and do not see BBC link option to copy. So tried the copy link option and put between the IMG brackets. I found out that if you upload multiple pictures it places them in an album and you must click into each picture separately to get the right link. If you simply try to scroll to the picture on screen and copy the link it does not work properly and is likly copying the entire album link.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:42 pm 
Presentation Grade

Curly,

Finally got it to work, thanks for the help, it's just a might different on the MacBook Air.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 pm 

Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Curly,

Finally got it to work, thanks for the help, it's just a might different on the MacBook Air.

If you write up what is required on your MacBook in a manner that Mac people can understand I will quote you and put the quote in the IMGUR instruction topic.
I am rock stupid about anything Apple related.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 am 
Presentation Grade

Curly,

Roger that, here are the exact step I used.

1. I used your Imgur account block to set up my Imgur account. Start from SGW thread you want to add the picture too.
2. When your account is set up, click on the mid Icon far upper right of the screen, the Icon will look like an old language symbol, 3rd Ident from the White D in the Green Circle.
3. A white box will drop down.
4. Click on Images in the White Box.
5. Click on Green box (Add Images)
6. Click on Browse box - your home computer pictures will appear.
7. Choose the picture by clicking on it & click choose at bottom right of screen.
8. Your picture will be added to the IMGUR account.
9. Click on your picture, the multi ident box will appear, click on BB Code to copy picture.
10 Use back arrow on your computer to go back to your Shotgun World thread.
11. Click on edit then add the picture using the left click.
12. Post picture in thread.

These are the exact steps I use on my MacBook Air, to add full pictures to the Shotgun World Forum. It took me a while to understand I had to click on the picture in the IMGUR account to get the Code box to appear, you must choose the picture by clicking on it for this to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:44 pm 

Thanks for taking the time to add an explanation of using your MacBook Air with IMGUR.
I am sure that many Apple users will appreciate your help.
I have quoted your message and placed it in the IMGUR instructions.
Curly

Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

Curly,

You are sure welcome, hope it helps out for the Mac users.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Post subject: Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos for PC users
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:43 am 
Presentation Grade

I contacted IMGUR mystery solved bb code is NOT available on Ipads and Tablets or phones .>>>
On the article "FAQ for Forum Users"

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003264766

you will find the answer under "Where do I find BBCode?"

BBCodes are only available on the desktop website. Once you have uploaded your images, hover over an image and click "Get share links" to copy the BBCode.

I pasted my pic into URL

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:06 pm 
Diamond Grade

On my iPad I have the imgur app. I can upload photos and get the bbc link. I have to open the specific picture I want after upload, then tap on the picture, then a small icon that looks like a box with an up arrow on it pops up. Tap on box up arrow icon and select copy link. Paste the copied link between the [img] brackets obtained from the Img button in the editor and picture will appear. This was posted on my iPad. It’s the only way I browse this site.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:09 pm 

Thanks for adding that info!

Mark Twain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:16 am 
Limited Edition

It looks like Imgur is not going to be a good option going forward. I tried to sign up and they say it’s being turned off as of Aug 2019 unless you already have an account. I didn’t dig into it at depth but it doesn’t look like a viable option for new accounts. Any other recommended photo hosting sites? Everyone I was connected to has gone belly up over the years.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:19 pm 
Presentation Grade

I've been reading thru this series on IMGUR because I had a ton of pics an videos on Photobucket, and they are now forcing joining for a monthly fee or severely removing most of my files. I've been trying to pare pics and vids away, but it's nearly impossible. That's why I read thru these IMGUR posts to see if that pic hosting sight was a place to move my stuff to. But it appears not.

So I started looking around and was wondering if anyone has looked into Shutterfly. I'm still looking for a Photobucket alternative, but before I wasted a lot of time, I thought I'd ask the forum. Below is what Shutterfly says when you go to sign up. I know - it sounds too good to be true. Any experience or thoughts?

"THE SHUTTERFLY PROMISE

Free, unlimited secure photo storage
We will never delete your photos
100% happiness guaranteed"

Caesar Guerini Summit Limited
Fabarm XLR5 LR
CZ Sporter Stnd Grade
Winchester Model 12 16 Gage
Michigan Shooting Centers
National Shooting Center

“With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone” - Oscar Wilde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:25 am 
Crown Grade

oinodam wrote:
That's why I read thru these IMGUR posts to see if that pic hosting sight was a place to move my stuff to. But it appears not.
I'm curious as to why you think IMGUR won't work for you. I've been using it since PB started charging a fee. I don't do videos, but haven't had any problems with pictures at all. Easy to use and the proper URL code strings are available to copy and paste for easy insertion into forums. I've never used shutterfly, so can't comment on it. IMGUR works just fine for me.

Retired

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:31 am 

oinodam wrote:
I've been reading thru this series on IMGUR because I had a ton of pics an videos on Photobucket, and they are now forcing joining for a monthly fee or severely removing most of my files. I've been trying to pare pics and vids away, but it's nearly impossible. That's why I read thru these IMGUR posts to see if that pic hosting sight was a place to move my stuff to. But it appears not.

So I started looking around and was wondering if anyone has looked into Shutterfly. I'm still looking for a Photobucket alternative, but before I wasted a lot of time, I thought I'd ask the forum. Below is what Shutterfly says when you go to sign up. I know - it sounds too good to be true. Any experience or thoughts?

"THE SHUTTERFLY PROMISE

Free, unlimited secure photo storage
We will never delete your photos
100% happiness guaranteed"

You forgot to mention the stuff listed here Shutterfly terms of use

Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:18 pm 
Presentation Grade

Curly N wrote:

Do you mean this?

"Content or images containing non-incidental depiction of firearms, ammunition, or gambling."

You could have told me what it said. Who reads this stuff? I don't even know what 'non-incidental depiction means'. Because of your curt answer, I had to find it on my own. I simply asked if this was a viable alternative. How abut a, "Sorry, I don't think it will work because they don't want ammo or firearms photos?" Sheesh. You have been very helpful on hundreds of shotgunner questions. This time, you were found lacking. But thanks for letting me know.

Caesar Guerini Summit Limited
Fabarm XLR5 LR
CZ Sporter Stnd Grade
Winchester Model 12 16 Gage
Michigan Shooting Centers
National Shooting Center

“With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone” - Oscar Wilde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:38 pm 

oinodam wrote:
Curly N wrote:

Do you mean this?

"Content or images containing non-incidental depiction of firearms, ammunition, or gambling."

You could have told me what it said. Who reads this stuff? I don't even know what 'non-incidental depiction means'. Because of your curt answer, I had to find it on my own. I simply asked if this was a viable alternative. How abut a, "Sorry, I don't think it will work because they don't want ammo or firearms photos?" Sheesh. You have been very helpful on hundreds of shotgunner questions. This time, you were found lacking. But thanks for letting me know.

Since I was unsure as to your actual intent I did not want to assume anything. Since I am not this guy, I helped the best that I could.
Obviously you survived actually reading something.
With your response, don't expect me to hurry to furnish any info in the future. You heard the story about the gifted horse?
You're welcome.

Mark Twain

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next