CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stevens (Browning) Model 620
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:24 pm 
Utility Grade

I have recendly purchased a 12 Ga Stevens (Browning) Model 620 Serial Number 11299U and would like some background info on it such as date of manufacture etc. Would it be safe to fire 3 inch shells? Thanks!!

Post subject: Re: Stevens (Browning) Model 620
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:58 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

The Stevens M620 is an improved version of the M520 that was designed by John Browning. The redesign was to streamline the receiver. It was produced from 1927 until 1953. This gun was offered in 12,16 & 20 gauge with 26,28,30 & 32 inch barrels. It had a five shell magazine. It was never offered in 3". The gun was offered with a raised matted rib and was called the M621 with that option.

Your gun was not designed to shoot 3" shells.

Post subject: Re: Stevens (Browning) Model 620
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:36 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for your info, much appreciated!

Post subject: re: Stevens (Browning) Model 620
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:55 pm 
Utility Grade

i have a stevens browning 12 gauge shotgun pump model number U78659.i would like to find out all information possible about this shotgun.please let me know.
thank you lori britt :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

they are nice looking guns and break down easily. i got mine from a girl that i worked with, it belonged to her dad and when passed she didnt have any use for it so now it sets in my cabinet. oh one other thing about i have the original box of shells he bought for it, three rounds missing the thing is still like it came from the factory. the best thing about it is it didnt cost a thing she knew it was going to a good home.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:52 pm 
Field Grade

I have an old 620 that belonged to my father. It still shoots fine. The checkering is a little crude, but it seems to be well-made otherwise. I don't believe they have a 3 inch chamber however; so you shouldn't try shooting such shells. Mine has quite a bit of sentimental value to me, but I don't think that they are generally considered valuable or collectible. DDG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:14 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Model 620 in a 20 Guage that was my fathers. The gun is still in good shape as eery few years I take it out of the case and clean it and oil it real good. I shot it and it kicks like an angry mule. It has not been shot in 25 years. Does this old gun have any value?