ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: World Premier 70mm Rabbit @ NYS Championship
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:16 am 
Presentation Grade

The NYS Championship is officially in the books. NY Champion John Fritz scored a 176 total on awesome targets set by David Radulovich and club manager Scott Holmes. His score was only bested by PA shooter Roger Beckers 182. Congratulations to both of these great shooters.
Hot dry weather was the normal for all three days. Dust control was managed by one of our members water truck and golf carts filled with cold water kept everyone hydrated.
Now for the headlines -- Yes David came up with a really neat 70mm rabbit presentation that ran successfully all day Sunday to give shooters something to talk about. It was paired with a flopping battue at 35 yards. It was really neat and created a lot of discussion both before and after the station was shot.
Thanks to Scott Holmes and his staff along with all of the volunteers to make this last minute shoot turn out to be a memorable one.
A special thanks to David and Kayle for spending the entire week in helping prepare. If you are interested in a lesson both David and Kayle are staying at Rochester Brooks for the next few days to help anyone who was left shaking their heads.
Finally a special thanks to Kayle Browning for spending time with the kids. They will never forget the time they shot with Olympic Team USA member Kayle.

Post subject: Re: World Premier 70mm Rabbit @ NYS Championship
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:15 pm 
Limited Edition

Is this a normal 70 mm thrown as a rabbit, or an actual 70 mm rabbit target? Either way, it sounds awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:01 pm 
Crown Grade

I have a lesson scheduled for this coming Saturday.

No doubt David will torture me with this rabbit, since my last lesson I struggled with the rabbits that were set at the club.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:22 pm 
Presentation Grade

It was a regular 70mm that was thrown off a regular sporter trap. It went about 20' on a rubber belt and then onto some smooth grass. It really held up well and as we all probably know by now it looks like it's going 100mph when it leaves the arm. But maybe it isn't?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:35 pm 
Limited Edition

THIS is why I don't shoot trap or skeet.

About to explore a little Fitasc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:42 pm 
Crown Grade

the Rev wrote:
It was a regular 70mm that was thrown off a regular sporter trap. It went about 20' on a rubber belt and then onto some smooth grass. It really held up well and as we all probably know by now it looks like it's going 100mph when it leaves the arm. But maybe it isn't?

How did it not go on a curve since it has a dome?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 am 
Presentation Grade

How it works will have to be looked at when the shooting stops for awhile and the machine can be evaluated. The inventor may be the only one that knows for sure.
We also had several other unique targets. There was an incoming on edge chandelle that turned upside down as it went past the peak. It fell like a stone. The Rabbue was what you have come to expect. It was shot from an elevated platform on some gently rolling land. Really hard to see how fast it was falling. Really neat stuff all weekend from Dave's bag of magic tricks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:47 pm 
Crown Grade

I had my lesson with David yesterday afternoon. He had me shooting different pairs than what were thrown at the shoot.

I have to say, the targets were amazing. We worked on droppers, and my personal nemesis...rabbits. Of course that particular day, I couldn't miss a rabbit. :?

I took a two hour lesson in the morning with Kayle on International Trap. Those targets are stooopit fast, and she made me use muscles I didn't know I had.

As far as the sporting course, my last station was the Make or Break.

I broke the #6 Chondelle after 12 shots.

Kayle was not impressed. :lol: David and I were psyched.

I'll be back

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:08 am 
Presentation Grade

It has been officially named "The Mole" .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:25 pm 
Crown Grade

the Rev wrote:
It has been officially named "The Mole" .

You have an amazing club, Jim. I'm envious. Wish I was closer, but I'm a NH hill rat and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

Painter maybe we could shoot up in Maine at the state shoot. Im going to try and get signed up for either Thursday or Friday. Grandkids are up there for the summer about 30 minutes away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:26 pm 
Crown Grade

the Rev wrote:
Painter maybe we could shoot up in Maine at the state shoot. Im going to try and get signed up for either Thursday or Friday. Grandkids are up there for the summer about 30 minutes away.

I could do Friday, depending on what time the rotations go off. I'm only a couple hours away.

I'm not an NSCA member, and I can't find much info, about anything. Have any links?

ETA...I found this... https://myemail.constantcontact.com/COR ... DXsoUuXutg

What do you want to shoot?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:20 pm 
Field Grade

Here's the link to Scarborough F&G page for the State Shoot.

http://www.scarfg.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SportingClays